RP Character name/s:

Dr Julian Hettinger

Steam Name:

Barry B Benson

Steam ID (https://steamidfinder.com/

STEAM_0:1:122288461

Age when applying:

What country do you currently reside in? What is your time-zone?:

I currently live in the UK and my time zone is BST - (GMT+1)

Can you speak and type English fluently?:

I can speak and type English fluently. However, when I try to type quickly, that is when my English gets a little messy but I go back over it and correct any errors.

Current total game-time on the server (type utime_enable 1 in the console if you can't see your game time):

9w+

IC Rank(s) & OOC Donation Rank(s) on WW2-RP:

IC Ranks - Kriminalinspektor der Geheime Staatspolizei - SS-Obersturmführer

Bereitschaftsleiter der NSDAP Streifendienst

OOC - Platinum VIP, PAC3, 3D Stream Radio

Do you own a working microphone? When you communicate do you type or speak?:

I own a working microphone and I tend to type, however when someone else is speaking I type so that the person can understand me, I also type if the person is having trouble understanding me. 

When did you join the server? Have you taken any breaks since?:

I joined the server halfway through June 2019 and have taken some breaks. I use to take breaks whenever I had to go away for a weekend and when I needed a break from the server.

How often do you use our Teamspeak 3 server and our forums?:

I use Teamspeak3 all the time, I am always on Teamspeak besides when I am not on the server, I have the forums open all the time, however, I haven't been that active on the Forums previously and I am hoping to be more active on the forums.

List of all previous RP server staff experience:

I was previously a moderator on a DarkRP server but then I had to resign and leave the server due to my taking my GCSEs and then once I completed the GCSEs I then joined the Werwolf Community. 

Staff that would recommend you? (They will be asked to verify):

The staff that would recommend me are: 

State your previous OOC punishments (bans, kicks, etc.) Also, include a screenshot of your list of warns. (Go in-game and type !warns. Upload it to http://imgur.com/ or as a steam community screenshot and include the link. Your game time must be visible as well in the screenshot. Type utime_enable 1 if you can not see it on your screen

https://imgur.com/a/ipU9Wa9

This was an old photo but showcases my warn. The link below showcases my playtime on the server. 

https://gyazo.com/f794bab44a17606ec5bd72a3d0d8088c 

State the role of staff on the server:

The role of staff on the server is to help new members of the community if they have any questions or if someone reported another person for breaking server rules. Another thing that a staff member does is if someone got their car stuck on the train tracks or accidentally crashed it into the river, then staff would help them get the car unstuck or out of the river.

Give some historical context about the time the server is set in (75 words+):

The server is set in 1943 and is in the capital of Germany, Berlin. 

The Allied have invaded Sicily and began their invasion of access-control Europe with landings on the island of Sicily. Sicilian troops however were very demoralized and didn't resist. Within a few days, the Allies had 150,000 troops on the Island of Sicily

The armistice of Casa bell, the armistice of the Casa Bell was an armistice signed on September 3rd. This armistice was then seen to the public, later on, the armistice stipulated the surrender of Italy to the allies.

The Soviets have succeeded in pushing back the Germans from Stalingrad and have successfully taken control of Stalingrad. The Third Reich has also being pushed back in Africa demoralizing the men.

There are some Resistance groups in Germany who are trying to slow down the Third Reich, they are attempting to do this by destroying essential things, such as factories that are producing stuff for the Third Reich.

Have you read the server rules and are familiar with them?

I have read the server rules and I am familiar with them.

Have you read the punishment list ( https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gc29oZFMSsGgcWFoOkNZejj7eqUBQPGXYCGbB8vNePM/edit?usp=sharing ) and are familiar with it?

I know that a new punishment list has just been published and I have read through it.

Former Staff Questions (Leave these blank if you have not been staff on our server before):

1) For how long were you a staff member on WW2-NRP/ORP?

2) What rank did you reach before leaving the staff team?

3) Were you demoted or did you resign? Why?

4) In hindsight, what would you have done differently as a staff member?

5) How have you improved since you left the staff team?

Explain how you would handle these scenarios as a staff member:

1) You are told by a player in admin chat that another player is randomly killing people:

I would claim the sit to showcase to other members of the Staff team that I have taken the sit, I would then tp the guy to me, I would be on a roof that isn't accessible to people, I would then ask him questions such as "who was the person who RDM'd you and do you think he had a proper reason". If the person who made the sit is not sure why he got killed. I would then bring the person who has been reported and would ask him questions such as "Why did you kill this guy" If the person had a valid reason then I would say explain to the person who made the sit and say that he did have a valid reason and end the sit, returning both players to RP. However, if the person did not have a valid reason, I would then check his warns. If the person has an active Tier 1, then I would issue him a tier 2 warning and a 1-day ban. If the person did kill the other person, I would then issue a tier 1 warning if he doesn't have any active warns.

However, if the person is a veteran on the server, I would issue him a tier II warning and explain to him that he is a “veteran” and give him the correct punishment, if the person feels like his ban isn’t justified or it should be shortened, I would then tell him that he can go on the forums and request for a unban. 

2) You are asked by a player about how to become a Third Reich official:

I would bring the player to a roof so we are in private, once we are on a roof I would then explain to him the 3 different branches. SS, Wehrmacht, and the NSDAP. I would explain that the NSDAP is a secondary job and then you can be a member of the Wehrmacht and the SS and can still have a whitelist for NSDAP. I would also explain to him that some jobs will require VIP or Platinum VIP and explain that he can get that on the store. I would explain to him what each regiment does and what they do.

I would also explain to him that there are some custom jobs that he could be apart of but some of these may require VIP or Platinum VIP. I would then explain to him how he could join these custom groups. After this I would also explain to him about the “other jobs” section and that you do not require a whitelist for these jobs however you will need an OOC rank such as Platinum VIP and VIP. 

3) You catch somebody not performing RP and that is messing around:

If I catch someone not performing RP, I would first physgun him so he cannot move and I then I would give him a verbal warning, if the person continues to not perform RP I would then issue a Tier 1 warning for NITRP and a 1/2 week ban. However, if they have an active warning, I would then issue a Tier II warn for NITRP and a 2w to a permanent ban.

4) Somebody acquires a rank but is not willing to RP with it properly:

I would first bring that guy to a roof and explain to him how he is not RPing with his rank properly and how he could change and RP properly with his IC rank. If this person then continues, I would go talk to their COs and explain to them how he was not RPing correctly and then I would let their COs deal with them. However, if there were no COs on the server, I would message them on Discord as I cannot let a person who isn't RPing with his job properly just continue what he is doing. I would then explain to them how this person isn't RPing properly and if they see that it is a valid reason, I would ask their permission for me to remove his whitelist.

5) A player is prop spamming:

I would first kick the person to stop him from spawning any more props and remove all disconnected players props so this removes all the props he spawned. I would then warn him for “Prop Spam” then follow up that warn with a permanent ban.

Answer the following questions in detail:

1) Explain the difference between Tier I rule-breaking and punishments and Tier II rule-breaking and punishments:

A Tier I rule-breaking is if the person is a new player to the community and hasn’t read the rules or if the rule was broken accidentally. If the person was new and hasn’t read the rules, I would tell him to read the rules and kick him for the reason “read the rules [link]”

A Tier II rule-breaking is if the rule was broken intentionally,  if the person knows the server rules but still went and killed someone randomly and knew that he broke a rule or if the person has been constantly rule-breaking and has had multiple warns but still continues to break server rules. 

If the person has more than 5d playtime on the server, I would them issue a Tier II Veteran warning and give him the correct punishment

2) Explain the difference between IC and OOC. Also, define Meta Gaming:

IC is commonly known as In Character and this is when you get information that you have witnessed or someone else has witnessed and has given that information to you. The information provided from you witnessing a crime or someone reporting the crime to you can be told to someone else such as the Gestapo and he can use that information to catch this criminal.

OOC is commonly known as Out of Character is where you get information from stuff that you shouldn’t see IC. Examples of these are things such as the tab menu allowing you to see people’s names and job titles or using the names above people’s heads and being able to identify their names. 

Meta Gaming is when someone uses OOC information such as the tab menu and seeing people’s names and job titles and then using that IC. An example of this is when an Ordnungspolizei member uses the tab menu and sees the name of a Mafia Boss and then sees his job title and then once the Mafia Boss arrives at the PD, the OrPo member then sees his name above his head and then arrests him for the reason “Mafia”

3) Explain the difference between Serious RP and Semi-Serious RP:

Serious RP is most of the time IC and is strictly professional at all times during Serious RP situations.

Semi-Serious RP has IC situations and OOC talks. This is not professional at all times unlike Serious RP and this is the time when people can joke around.

4) Define PassiveRP and explain it's role and importance in a serious RP gamemode:

Passive RP is when you RP everyday actions, you do this with the /me [action] 

Passive RP is very important when it comes to Serious RP as this forms Serious RP. If someone doesn’t use Passive RP during a Serious RP, the other person involved in this RP situation wouldn’t know what is happening and wouldn’t react properly making the situation very awkward as there is no RP there. Without Passive RP, Serious RP wouldn’t be in the situation in the first place.

An example of this is when an Ordnungspolizei Sanitater is healing another member of the Reich and has to RP everyday actions such as pouring alcohol on the bandage and then places that on top of the wound and applies pressure making the wound sterilized and having a smaller percentage of infection.

5) Define the term of Combat Baiting:

Combat Baiting is when someone forces an RP situation. A common example of this is when someone walks to the PD and then does a homosexual action forcing the Ordnungspolizei to chase him and detain him. 

Another example of someone forcing an RP situation is if someone went to the Plaza and placed a prop which looked like a bomb and then reports that to the Ordnungspolizei, this would then make the Berliner Ordnungspolizei respond and make a checkpoint, allowing the Resistance/Mafia to do a Checkpoint Raid.

Have you added the Manager [Extreme] on Steam? If not, add him: Requested for Extreme

Have you added the Vice-Manager [Jack/Malte] on Steam? If not, add him: I have added Malte

Have you added the Staff Manager [Schumacher] on Steam? If not, add him: I have added Schumacher

Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other applicants. Explain what you will bring to the staff team & your strongest points as a person/potential staff member (200+ words):

My first point is that I have been on the server for quite some time and know-how the server works and what to do if someone is being punished due to the number of sits I have been involved with. This would help me as a staff member as I would know how to handle situations and what to do when it comes to looking at the evidence. But this isn’t really a good point as I do not know how it is in a Staff members POV. 

My second point is that I am calm and patient. Meaning that if someone in the sit is getting agitated, I would try my best to calm him down and to get him to wait for the evidence to be provided. This would then make the sit go quicker for myself and the two people involved as I wouldn’t have to deal with the two members arguing. Being patient would help in staff sits as if a person is getting the evidence, I would be patient and let the guy upload it, and give me the link, I would also start talking to the other person who is waiting for the evidence to be provided and ask him stuff so he doesn’t get impatient. 

My third point is that I go to sleep really late meaning that if there was rule breakers on the server during the night, I would be able to hop on the server and deal with the rule breaker or rule breakers meaning that the people on the server at the time, would have a more enjoyable time on the server. 

My fourth and final point is that I am always open to chat to people, this would allow new players that have just recently joined the server to ask questions and get to know how the server works. I am always willing to help and if a person had a problem, I would try my best to solve the problem.

Do you understand that you can be demoted at any time with a sufficient reason by a Hierarchy member?:

I understand that I could be demoted at any time.

Requirements:

- You must be 15 years of age or older.

- You must be able to speak and type English fluently and correctly.

- You must have at least four (4) days of game time.

- You must have 10 or fewer warns.

- You must not be banned when you apply.

- You must be able to speak or type quickly and correctly.

- You must not advertise your application in any way.

- You must not copy anything from other applications.

- You may not edit your application without permission from a Hierarchy member.

- You may not copy-paste parts from a previous application that you have filed unless given permission.

- Only reply to your application if you need to specify something. Unnecessarily spamming/bumping your application will get it denied. Do not engage in grovelling under your application (posting thank you for reading my application every time someone posts etc.)

Current Ranks

Spoiler

Geheime Staatspolizei Kriminaloberassistant (NRP)

CWU - Business Owner (HL2 RP)

Old Ranks

Spoiler

Leutnant der Polizei

4.SS Hauptscharfuhrer

Hauptarbeitsleiter

1.SS Obershutze

Neutral

During RP situations I have only saw you RPing a few times around my area so I dont know that much of your RP skills but as you are Obersturmführer I believe they are good.

Pros:
- Joined in 2019
- Over all Okay answers
- Meets most of the requirements

Cons:
- Has 15 Warns which is quiet a lot.
- You wrote 9 weeks for play time and the Screenshot is outdated which only shows 8 weeks (not that a huge problem just stated it)
- In the Warnings there can be seen "Prop Cilmb" "DTP in Tier 2" (Tier 1 should have been fine) a few RDMs, and Pac Abuse

Additional info: Learn morse code before Varem does another event about it or I will kidnap you just like before🙂

Edited by Friedrich Scharl

[Current NRP Rank]: GD-C Oberfeldwebel, Fahnenjunker and Hauptfeldwebel

[Previous NRP Ranks]: 1.SS Unterscharführer Einsatzleiter Der Finanzen Und Arbeit, 2x ORPO Wachtmeister, PZAB-GD Stabsgefreiter, 1.SS Hauptscharführer, Wachtbataillon-GD Leutnant, SA Scharführer, Gestapo Kriminalassistent, SD Hauptscharführer, EBG-GD Hauptmann, PZG-GD Oberfeldwebel, 3x RAD Vormann, 23rd Oberfeldwebel

+1

Well known member in the community with a high rank which shows his dedication and maturity in the server. He has applied many times for staff but I think he should get it this time hopefully.

[Ex Ranks:]

WW2-Staff Manager 

SS-Sturmbannfuhrer des SD 

WW2-Deputy Event Manager

Leiter d. Stapo-Leitstelle "Berlin" [SS-Sturmbannführer]

+1

Well what can I say, Dr Julian Hettinger is a very skilful and professional player on the server, especially in the Geheime Staatspolizei. From his previous staff applications, it tells me that he is very dedicated towards the server, and wants to help out. During his time on the server, the more he played, the more mature he got, which is a good thing. I am aware of his warnings, some quite serious warns, however I am sure now he had learned from his mistakes, and stay away from breaking the rules. At the end of day it is not my decision to grant you staff on the server, however in my opinion he will do well on the server as a staff member, he deserves a chance.

Julian I wish you all the best for the staff application and in the future. 😃 

Current Ranks: 
SS-Gruppenführer des Oberabschnitt 'Spree' und Generalleutnant der Polizei

WW2 - Staff Manager

Spoiler

Previous Ranks:

Chef d. SS-Inspektionsbüro d. Ab. III

Leiter d. RSHA Abt. "Berlin"

Leiter d. SD Leitabschnitt "Berlin" 

Geheime Staatspolizei Kriminalassistent

Berliner Ordnungspolizei Revier-Oberwachtmeister

Hello!

Let's begin.

On 7/5/2020 at 11:30 PM, Dr Julian Hettinger said:

State the role of staff on the server:

The role of staff on the server is to help new members of the community if they have any questions or if someone reported another person for breaking server rules. Another thing that a staff member does is if someone got their car stuck on the train tracks or accidentally crashed it into the river, then staff would help them get the car unstuck or out of the river.

Do you believe the main objectives of staff are: helping new players (acceptable), taking reports (also good) and helping someone if their car got stuck on the train tracks?!
You could probably come up with a better answer to this, there's more to being staff but you get the basics down, not a bad answer.

"The armistice of Casa bell, the armistice of the Casa Bell was an armistice signed on September 3rd. This armistice was then seen to the public, later on, the armistice stipulated the surrender of Italy to the allies."
I put this into google and it was just wikipedia rewritten, at least give it some though and not just rewrite it.

I would claim the sit to showcase to other members of the Staff team that I have taken the sit, I would then tp the guy to me, I would be on a roof that isn't accessible to people, I would then ask him questions such as "who was the person who RDM'd you and do you think he had a proper reason". If the person who made the sit is not sure why he got killed. I would then bring the person who has been reported and would ask him questions such as "Why did you kill this guy" If the person had a valid reason then I would say explain to the person who made the sit and say that he did have a valid reason and end the sit, returning both players to RP. However, if the person did not have a valid reason, I would then check his warns. If the person has an active Tier 1, then I would issue him a tier 2 warning and a 1-day ban. If the person did kill the other person, I would then issue a tier 1 warning if he doesn't have any active warns.

Overall, a good and detailed answer. The moderator experience definitely isn't a lie, but you fail to include the part where you check the logs. This may not have been accesable on that DarkRP server, but if you are accepted, you will be familiarised with this.
Also, "active tier I" doesn't work that way, it would just be T2.

I know that a new punishment list has just been published and I have read through it.

You say you've read it, but you say " I would then issue a tier 1 warning if he doesn't have any active warns.", which is wrong. You fail to mention the kick. No biggie.

If I catch someone not performing RP, I would first physgun him so he cannot move and I then I would give him a verbal warning, if the person continues to not perform RP I would then issue a Tier 1 warning for NITRP and a 1/2 week ban. However, if they have an active warning, I would then issue a Tier II warn for NITRP and a 2w to a permanent ban.

Slow down, buster. You start out by saying you'd "give him a verbal warning" and I will again have to refer to you stating you've read the punishment list, that's what T1's are for (NOT NITRP T1). If he's new, fine, but otherwise you T1/2 him for that shit as a FailRP warning. NITRP's are "a last resort" as they are such a long ban. You are harsh, I like it, but still we aren't here to ruin the experience from others.

I would first bring that guy to a roof and explain to him how he is not RPing with his rank properly and how he could change and RP properly with his IC rank. If this person then continues, I would go talk to their COs and explain to them how he was not RPing correctly and then I would let their COs deal with them. However, if there were no COs on the server, I would message them on Discord as I cannot let a person who isn't RPing with his job properly just continue what he is doing. I would then explain to them how this person isn't RPing properly and if they see that it is a valid reason, I would ask their permission for me to remove his whitelist.

You tell him to change, good, then you should warn him for not RP'ing correctly. If this was caught as a staff member, asking his CO's is completely irrelevant. It'd be metagaming. If he continues, you give him T2 etc, he gets banned, he's no longer a problem. You can't just go to his CO's on discord because you caught him as a staff member not RP'ing.

I would first kick the person to stop him from spawning any more props and remove all disconnected players props so this removes all the props he spawned. I would then warn him for “Prop Spam” then follow up that warn with a permanent ban.

Good, high hopes for you yet.

My first point is that I have been on the server for quite some time and know-how the server works and what to do if someone is being punished due to the number of sits I have been involved with. This would help me as a staff member as I would know how to handle situations and what to do when it comes to looking at the evidence. But this isn’t really a good point as I do not know how it is in a Staff members POV. 

Why would you go on about a point, and then end the sentence with "But this isn’t really a good point as I do not know how it is in a Staff members POV."?
It seem ilogical to state that this is your point, and then just say actually no.
If you say something, you better mean it. You can't just be soft.

- You must have 10 or fewer warns.

Did anyone allow this?

Overall, you seem like a nice guy. I may have though you were a kid, but you on a level of decent maturity.
With the right mentor and if you've got the mentality, you probably wouldn't be bad. I suggest someone like Stellman, though I only had him, so that may be biased.
(I hope you're reading this, Hettinger, because what I just did is what you did before, my point is now irrelevant, see?)

Good luck, it's unbelievable how people actually don't read these apps.
Neutral, maybe work on maturity if you get denied.

(Bare in mind it's 3 am and I literally can't see at this point when writing this shit)

Edited by [WW2] Mikkel Sörensen
see bottom

World War 2
Leutnant und Kompanieführer der Panzer-Abteilung "Großdeustchland" Kompani 'Caesar'
Mitarbeiter des GD-Bataillons 'Berlin'
Former IC Ranks:
23. Hauptmann (nowadays called Bruno)

51 minutes ago, Wolfgang Fitzgerald said:

+1

Nice guy

Overall veteran player

Ignoring the previous warns, the application is pretty good.

idk

White

If you're going to respond to a staff application at least be usefull and say usefull stuff about the app and not nice guy, idk, white as that's kinda cringe and doesn't help at all the person that is applying. (Guess you never change)

Now my opinion,

About the app, the app seems well written the answers could have a little bit more of detail in my opinion but overall good app, about him I can't say much as I actually haven't had any RP situation with him but reading the previous answers to the application he seems like a nice guy. So to end I believe he deserves to be in the staff team.

Accepted

Welcome to the WW2 Staff Team. Come on TS at 7PM UK Time to be assigned a mentor.

giphy.gif

afe66a9a156a6a82579ff3d7b376dc69.png

Spoiler

Current Ranks:

Community Reserve Hierarchy

WW2 Manager

WW2 Gauleiter

Former Ranks:

Community Co-Founder

WW2 Owner

MRP Head-Admin

SCP Senior-Admin