Paul Schönberger

Transporting an experimental Panther

Event Idea:
During transportation an experimental Panzerkampfwagen V Panther has broken down while being transported from the trainstation outside Berlin to the military base. This prototype experimental tank contains an improved steering system with a modified 7,5 cm KwK gun that has been calibrated to perform better under combat situations. It is of vitial importance to the Reich to protect this tank during transportation to the military base. The allies however have other plans in mind...

Explain the event in detail:
This event primarily focuses on the Wehrmacht forces (GD/23rd/FG). The objective of Reich forces are to transport this prototype Panther to the military base while keeping it in one piece. Since the tank is a prototype it will constantly break down and will need to be repaired by pioneers (while being defended by other units) before it can continue its journey through the main checkpoint into Berlin and towards the military base. The path of the tank will be the following: Train station outside Berlin → Red Brick Factory → Gas station → Plaza → Military Base. During this event a force of either US/British will try to steal the tank while it is being moved to the military base. Their objective is to steal the tank and to take it to a location where they can take pictures of the tank. Since the tank is a prototype it will also break down for the US/British, so they need to defend it while it is being repaired. They will also quickly collected any user manuals that might be found inside the tank and collected any other data they can. After doing this (should take 5-10 minutes) they are going to destroy the prototype and quickly flee the area.

7U1ZS1U.jpg.92d9394a23070ae1ebad652518c464e7.jpg

Resources needed for this event that are not currently on the server (models/cars etc):

1. Workable Panther that can be damaged by mines, etc.
  2. Explosives that will damage the Panther
  3. Repair tools for the tank
  4. Cameras for the US/ British forces (or some of them at least)

Additional Information:

• Key point: There shouldn’t be too many Wehrmacht forces involved with the event as it will create an uneven balance between Reich forces and Allied forces. The SS/NSDAP will preferably not participate in the event.
  • The tanks should break down every 3-5 minutes. When it breaks down (you can just damage them with mines, explosives, etc.) the tanks needs to be stopped and repaired before they can be moved.
  • The US/British should move the tank to an area outside Berlin (locations like compound or areas around the military fortress) where they can safely study the tank before destroying it. After completing their objective, they can escape by reaching the mines.
  • When one side is ‘in control’ of the tank, the other side has to try to attack the tank so that they can capture it and transport it instead. Avenues for attack (for allied forces) could be: Hill behind the SA farm, SA Farm/Berlin Checkpoint, Agen Residence/Berlin Checkpoint, etc. Both sides are trying to fight for control of the prototype (US/British trying to get it out of Berlin before collecting information on it for 5-10 min before destroying it and Reich forces who are just trying to get it to the military base)
Edited by Paul Schönberger

+1

I think it would be a really great event.

Current Ranks

N/A

Old Ranks

2x NRP Senior Moderator

Inspektor d. W-SS d. Ab. III [SS-Sturmbannführer]

2x SS-Hauptscharführer des SD

2x Leiter d. Stapo-Leitstelle "Berlin" [SS-Sturmbannführer]

1.SS Wachbattaillon "LSSAH" Unterscharführer

Neutral

As an Event Planner myself I think it is definitely a creative idea, there is no denial in the creativity of the proposed event

Then again.

The Event relays heavily on Pioneers and you can not always have a Pioneer in the Server.

One Key point you mentioned is :

"There shouldn’t be too many Wehrmacht forces involved with the event as it will create an uneven balance between Reich forces and Allied forces. The SS/NSDAP will preferably not participate in the event."

Restricting a lot of the Wehrmacht and giving the "glory" to the pioneers will make people unsatisfied and having to forcefully leave people behind will have people get mad as they are left out of an event for sake of balance. Events do not happen daily and people wish to participate in them as often as possible and then having your Friends move out to an Event while you stay guarding the Military base is doomed to make people mad.

Then again as Event Planners we have to also emphasize on the Role-play aspect of events and if the Schutzstaffel or NSDAP see a Valid reason to be involved why should they not participate.

I would like to state that this is my Opinion, and I am fully aware that Event planners tell regiments to not participate in Events or to just leave if already involved.

In the end I love the Idea and think it would be great if overwritten a bit.

I still wish you the best and hope you have a Wonderful day!

Current W-G Ranks :

Spoiler

General der Infanterie [WW2]
Clone Trooper Private [SWRP]
WW2-NRP Vice Manager [WW2]
WW2-NRP Event Manager [WW2]
Civil Workers / Medical Union [HLRP]

Past Ranks:

Spoiler

Major der Wehrmacht des Generalstabes [WW2]
Hauptmann des Wachbataillons Großdeutschland [WW2]

Richter of the Justice [WW2]
Propaganda Blockhelfer [WW2]
RSD-Obersturmführer [WW2]
Scaleta Associate [WW2]
Japanese Kenpetai Officer [WW2]
Strafbataillon IV 'Berlin' Unteroffizier [WW2]
Hauptmann der 23. Infanterie Division Kompanie 'Viktor' [WW2]
Karlsberg Consortium Enforcer / Chaplain [WW2]
SA-Obersturmman [WW2]
Ordnungspolizei Wachtmeister [WW2]

Central Security Bureau [SCP]

4 hours ago, I3xoyal said:

"There shouldn’t be too many Wehrmacht forces involved with the event as it will create an uneven balance between Reich forces and Allied forces. The SS/NSDAP will preferably not participate in the event."

Restricting a lot of the Wehrmacht and giving the "glory" to the pioneers will make people unsatisfied and having to forcefully leave people behind will have people get mad as they are left out of an event for sake of balance.

Then again as Event Planners we have to also emphasize on the Role-play aspect of events and if the Schutzstaffel or NSDAP see a Valid reason to be involved why should they not participate.

Just a quick point on that, you could conscript the Ordnungspolizei as I am sure they would like to shoot at the Wehrmacht. This would then also create a balance as now a days there is a lot of Ordnungspolizei members online and I am sure they would like a break from guarding, patrolling, being receptionist

Edited by Dr Julian Hettinger

Current Ranks

Spoiler

Geheime Staatspolizei Kriminaloberassistant (NRP)

CWU - Business Owner (HL2 RP)

Old Ranks

Spoiler

Leutnant der Polizei

4.SS Hauptscharfuhrer

Hauptarbeitsleiter

1.SS Obershutze

1 hour ago, Dr Julian Hettinger said:

Just a quick point on that, you could conscript the Ordnungspolizei as I am sure they would like to shoot at the Wehrmacht. This would then also create a balance as now a days there is a lot of Ordnungspolizei members online and I am sure they would like a break from guarding, patrolling, being receptionist

That would be a way yes. But I personally prefer to have people volunteer to partake in events and not just force people that wish to role-play and force them into an Event. 

This "solution" still does not fix the heavy need of a Pioneer and in general if someone does not wish to participate in an Event they should not be forced to. 

Then again

Other Regiments / Agencies can be incorporated in the Event as the Gestapo or SD could have intel presented how/when the Allied attack will commence and the Police could have road blockages for the Tank while the 1SS Patrol the area waiting for an Attack.

This is a brief example but it shows the point I am trying to make.

In the end forcing someone is a way but it is not preferred.

Edited by I3xoyal

Current W-G Ranks :

Spoiler

General der Infanterie [WW2]
Clone Trooper Private [SWRP]
WW2-NRP Vice Manager [WW2]
WW2-NRP Event Manager [WW2]
Civil Workers / Medical Union [HLRP]

Past Ranks:

Spoiler

Major der Wehrmacht des Generalstabes [WW2]
Hauptmann des Wachbataillons Großdeutschland [WW2]