Baron Von Oberrauner

Baron Von Oberrauner Staff Application

RP Character name/s: Baron Von Oberrauner/Richthofen

Steam Name: British 

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:421228135

Age when applying: 15

What country do you currently reside in? What is your time-zone?: Uk, GMT/BST

Can you speak and type English fluently?: Yes

Current total game-time on the server (type utime_enable 1 in the console if you can't see your game time): 4w 4d 4h... +

IC Rank(s) & OOC Donation Rank(s) on WW2-RP: Caesar Oberschute, Hauptamt Hauptbereitschaftsleiter (Volks-sub) Plat VIP

Do you own a working microphone? When you communicate do you type or speak?: Yes, I usually speak, I only type if somebody cannot hear me properly normally.

When did you join the server? Have you taken any breaks since?: I joined over a year ago, I took a break for a while a few months back but I came straight back to stay, recently left for a month due to other issues but there was nothing I could do about that.

How often do you use our Teamspeak 3 server and our forums?: I normally use TS for trainings ect with Wehrmacht, I look at the forums most days, even if I don't comment, I look almost every day through the ww2 sections to see what's going on and to keep up.

List of all previous RP server staff experience: 2 or 3 starting servers of MRP (nothing really), RRP Military RP, and a ww2 AVA RP, LN WW1 RP

Staff that would recommend you?(They will be asked to verify): Maximillan Vogel/Max

State your previous OOC punishments (bans, kicks etc.) Also include a screenshot of your list of warns: FUWwKd3.png

State the role of staff on the server: I believe that the role of the staff on the server is primarily to keep the immersion and experience of players on track and keep an eye over them. This could start from just watching certain people to make sure they are doing something within the rules and the standards of the server, to claiming tickets of people that have reported a rule breakage effecting them or their experiences. They then punish/ban people breaking the rules and inform them of what to do next time and what not to do next time to make sure everybody stays in line. They may also help new players to get started and give them any advice and/or tips on the rules and aspects of the server. They could also go to the forums and give comments on any of the topics and posts. They are also there to interact with the community, as part of it too, to oversee the upkeep and do the roles they should.

Give some historical context about the time the server is set in (75 words+): The server is set in 1943 in Berlin, Germany during WW2. At this time Germany was controlled by the Nazi Party, with the Fuhrer (leader) Adolf Hitler. It contains many sides of RP of Berlin to bring it as close to real life as possible. These are things such as: OrPo, GD, FG, 1.SS, NSDAP, SD, Gestapo, ect. The SS side, having the MOI, is often a place of ceremony and guarding by the 1.SS, as they also fill out marches and guarding of the important people and places. They may also be used as Waffen-SS for events so that people can get a good experience on both sides. The GD are the infantry and motorized units, used to guard the MB and used in the defence of Berlin when anybody attacks (events). And the FG as the military police to keep everybody in order. The Gestapo are to go undercover and the SD to keep security, all the RSHA used for security against criminals, and sometimes defectors and traitors, to keep an eye on people. The same propaganda is used from the 1943 time period and the same songs used for accuracy along with uniforms kept as accurate as they can be.

Have you read the server rules and are familiar with them?: Yes

Have you read the punishment list ( Punishment List v3.0 ) and are familiar with it? I have read it over many times, and still carry on.

Former Staff Questions (Leave these blank if you have not been staff on our server before):

1) For how long were you a staff member on WW2-NRP/ORP?

2) What rank did you reach before leaving the staff team?

3) Were you demoted or did you resign? Why?

4) In hindsight, what would you have done differently as a staff member?

5) How have you improved since you left the staff team?

Explain how you would handle these scenarios as a staff member: 

1) You are told by a player in admin chat that another player is randomly killing people: You would start by TP'ing to the person that made the sit and ask what is going on, then I would check the logs and take the person to a safe rooftop, before TP'ing the person that is accused of the RDM. If they tried to do anything you could freeze them in place but it may not always be needed. Then, you start by getting the person who made the claim to fully explain, before giving the accused a chance to explain their side of the story and what happened. If they are not breaking any rules, they may be let go If they are found to break the rules they may be subjected to a Tier 1 warn ranging from a Warn + Kick to a Warn + Ban dependig on the situation and the freshness of the player, and a Tier 2 ban for veteran players accompanied by a 2 day ban. explaining how to appeal on the forms.

2) You are asked by a player about how to become a Third Reich official: You would start by Teleporting to them and check they are not in an RP situation, if they are then wait. If they are not in an RP situation, you would explain to them how it works and each part of the reich (Eg, NSDAP, OrPo/SS or Wehrmacht) and after giving them detail about all of the sides, ask which they would like to join. You would then give them the command or the job to switch to, and possibly TP to them to explain how the training system works and when to call for a trainer.

3) You catch somebody not performing RP and that are messing around: You would start by TP'ing to the person and asking about the situation before taking them somewhere. You may even have to spectate the person in question, and choose to record it incase an appeal is made. If you have not seen you may ask the person for evidence to see what happened and TP the person there. If they are new and a Tier 1 is issued you may do a 1-2 week ban and explain why and how the forums can be used (but evidence should be recorded to use) and if they receive a Tier 2 warning as they are clearly intentional and one reason to play the server, or as a veteran player, they may receive a ban lasting from 2 weeks to a permanent server ban depending on the severity and the intention of the breakage.

4) Somebody acquires a rank but is not willing to RP with it properly: You would either spectate them and record it, or spectate them and then see what is going on. It may be advised to deal with it in character, and in that case get the person to contact the CoC of the person who has acquired and misused the rank, or depending on the situation get them to contact FG ect. If it is more serious you may bring them to a sit with the evidence and they may get a Tier 1 warning including a 1-2 week ban once again or a Tier 2 warning and a 2 week to a permanent ban. It may also be taken as FailRP depending on the situation, depending on the realism and the common sense of the situation in which a different set of punishments would be handed out.

5) A player is prop spamming: You would TP to the person making the sit, then TP to see the situation and if the props have been removed, you may ask for picture or video evidence then if it was not bad or intentional, a warn and a kick may be issued for a Tier 1 and being told to read rules with the link given. However, in alot of cases Prop spam may be serious and if given the right evidence the person should be permanently banned. They will be told how to appeal on the forums, but evidence would be collected and so it is their choice and you would ban/kick them depending on the severity of the situation.

Answer the following questions in detail:

1) Explain the difference between Tier I rule-breaking and punishments and Tier II rule-breaking and punishments: A Tier I Rule Breakage is used when a player is either: when a player is inexperienced and new to the server (normally less than 1 hour for adjusting, maybe a verbal), the breaking was not intentional (maybe done out of inexperience or not having the correct understanding), If the person accidentally made an error, they may also get a Tier I as it was not a purposeful action.

Tier II Is often used when the person intentionally breaks a rule or has already been warned and taught about it. They may also constantly re-offend different rules and have no constant knowledge from not reading rules. Often more serious and for the more troublesome people. Usually 'Veteran' players that have plenty of experience and have been on the server and community long enough.

2) Explain the difference between IC and OOC. Also define Meta Gaming: IC is In-Character; Meaning that it is what is said/typed for an in character situation, rules for IC must be followed to the time period of 1943 (no modern talk/slang and only appropriate topics/words) and should not be spoken in OOC. Speaking OOC in this chat is against the rules.

OOC is Out Of-Character; meaning that what is said in OOC Cannot be counted as IC speech, anything may be said OOC (in rules, unless DPT/DTS ect) and can use anything you want, as it will not be counted to the, IC speech cannot be used as  OOC unless talking about something in OOC

Meta Game is; when information that is stated OOC is used to an in character advantage or knowledge (eg; knowledge of a persons name, location or kidnapping, ect). This may also contribute to the RP experience of what is realistic, such as the travel of sound in certain places and through certain objects such as walls and doors, such as Gunshots (can) compared to cocaine (can't). Talking about and 'flexing' raids and kidnappings in OOC is also considered metagame, as it is an IC situation being constantly talked about in OOC (referring back to the IC/OOC explanation)

3) Explain the difference between Serious RP and Semi-Serious RP: Serious RP is completely accurate RP that is true to life and should not be messed with and should be taken most seriously.

Serious RP could be used in the main RP groups mainly, for example, Serious RP in the Wehrmacht could be trainings or events, played how they would be in real life using tactics, squads and communication accurately. Or in a training it may be serious as people may be expected to listen word-for-word maybe even with FG watching along side and being punished for slip ups. It should be taken well and do exactly what told and how it would be true to life.

Semi-Serious RP is RP that is still serious but may be more accepting to either side of the player.

Semi-serious RP could also be used in most main groups, but it should also be the main use of civillian RP as to be as serious and true-to-life as possible. This may involve casual conversation to actions that happen in character. In terms of Wehrmacht, it may be an event or training, where things are taken less seriously and so less punishments and more slip-ups allowed either side, or for an event it to be less organised and more of a fun and free event to go around to different places.

4) Define PassiveRP and explain it's role and importance in a serious RP gamemode: Passive RP is the act of a real life RP situation, not involving combat or any hostility or aggressiveness (some IC occurances may be an acceptance to this). It should be used as a general RP activity, eg: after an event (such as the eastern front) a camp was set up where the Russians had previously been stated, and people had a general talk there about the event and in character situations, food and medical treatment was also RP'd, as a passive way of getting along and talking to people, with the CO's in there own HQ building discussing. It is a time for people to mix and have non-combat RP together. This is important for Serious RP because to be true to life, not everything must be a combat situation, and so people must learn to do other things. It promotes people to learn and discuss the history as it happened in an in character way or discover new things. It brings people together, the same as real life would be with general interaction, and it is important for immersion and the RP content and experience of the player base.

5) Define the term of Combat Baiting: Combat baiting is a term when somebody purposefully entices a fight to break out or a hostile situation to begin. This may include visual things such as flags or symbols, that provoke hostile action, raids and fights to happen. It may also mean pulling guns in a situation just to get into combat, or purposefully uncovering yourself as an illegal group or doing illegal activities, just to get into some type of action. It may also sometimes include radio messages and speech in character, to bait people to one place to fight.

Have you added the Manager [Extreme] on Steam? If not, add him: Yes

Have you added the Vice-Manager [Jack/Malte] on Steam? If not, add him: Yes

Have you added the Staff Manager [Schumacher] on Steam? If not, add him: Yes

Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other applicants. Explain what you will bring to the staff team & your strongest points as a person/potential staff member (200+ words): I believe that I deserve to be accepted as a staff applicant accepted because I have been on the server for a long time now and am getting to know more people as I go, watching new people come, and old people go, with new ideas of RP often coming up. I have experience within the community getting to know people and how it works. With playtime, I also have an understanding of how the server, its rules and the defining lines work to not break the rules. At this point in being in the community, getting to know people has become an easy task. You learn how people are and like to fit in, and I see that as a key skill for being staff as you have a personal understanding with the player base and build up a trust and common link with them as you get to know them. As staff it is a good idea to be friendly, and including friendly to new players, so they are more likely to stay, I feel that skill is one I possess, even though when I have to be, I can be more serious. I am active on the server and often come on for a while, as I always have. I am a god listener, which is a key skill for being in staff sits and can use resources effectively without having to go to other people for help. My communication skills are also good to speak to people, and when needed typing skills are also good to be accurate and fairly fast. Having an understanding with the people you talk to is key, and I feel that I have been around enough to share that. I am not bias by any means, if somebody has done something, no mater who they are, they need to be punished, and I have that control to be able to not let my job, and my friendships with other players get in the way of the task that staff possesses and has to maintain, therefore, they are a few points that I believe may make me eligible to become a member of the W-G staff team.

Do you understand that you can be demoted at anytime with a sufficient reason by a Hierarchy member?: I understand fully.

Current Ranks-

- Feldgendarmerie-Trupp 'Großdeutschland', Hauptmann u. Truppführer

- Jagdeschwader 3 'Zepplin' Unteroffizer

Previous Ranks-

- 1.SS Unterscharführer | 2.SS EM | GC 'C' Stabsgefreiter | Volks Richter | Gaugericht/Streif Oberbereitschaftsleiter | Technik Einsatzleiter | Preußische Staatsministerium, Reichsjustizministerium, Regierungsrat

2019gdreform.jpg

+1

Baron, you have been on the server for quite some time. Whilst in game and out of character you have shown that you are mature, hard working and would fit well in the staff team. This application is also detailed. I wish you the best of luck mate. 

Edited by Dunstan Beckette

Harry:

DARK RP ADMINISTRATOR 

Ex ranks: 

WW2 Administrator

WW2 Event Planner

Most of the answers on this application were detailed and correct. However, the question regarding the historical context is answered incorrectly.

19 hours ago, Baron Von Oberrauner said:

Give some historical context about the time the server is set in (75 words+): The server is set in 1943 in Berlin, Germany during WW2. At this time Germany was controlled by the Nazi Party, with the Fuhrer (leader) Adolf Hitler. It contains many sides of RP of Berlin to bring it as close to real life as possible. These are things such as: OrPo, GD, FG, 1.SS, NSDAP, SD, Gestapo, ect. The SS side, having the MOI, is often a place of ceremony and guarding by the 1.SS, as they also fill out marches and guarding of the important people and places. They may also be used as Waffen-SS for events so that people can get a good experience on both sides. The GD are the infantry and motorized units, used to guard the MB and used in the defence of Berlin when anybody attacks (events). And the FG as the military police to keep everybody in order. The Gestapo are to go undercover and the SD to keep security, all the RSHA used for security against criminals, and sometimes defectors and traitors, to keep an eye on people. The same propaganda is used from the 1943 time period and the same songs used for accuracy along with uniforms kept as accurate as they can be.

The question was asking about the historical context, not the in game regiments and their roles. 

Other than that, I'd like to point out that you take LOAs every week (last time I checked) and I barely see you on the server. Anyways, my advice for you would be to increase your activity on the server, as well as discord and TS. Good luck.

[Ex Ranks:]

WW2-Staff Manager 

SS-Sturmbannfuhrer des SD 

WW2-Deputy Event Manager

Leiter d. Stapo-Leitstelle "Berlin" [SS-Sturmbannführer]

Neutral

Pros:
- Well written application
- Low warn amount
- Good answers

Cons:
- Failed to answer the historical context
- Inactive

Good luck tho.

Edited by Friedrich Scharl

[Current NRP Rank]: GD-C Oberfeldwebel, Fahnenjunker and Hauptfeldwebel

[Previous NRP Ranks]: 1.SS Unterscharführer Einsatzleiter Der Finanzen Und Arbeit, 2x ORPO Wachtmeister, PZAB-GD Stabsgefreiter, 1.SS Hauptscharführer, Wachtbataillon-GD Leutnant, SA Scharführer, Gestapo Kriminalassistent, SD Hauptscharführer, EBG-GD Hauptmann, PZG-GD Oberfeldwebel, 3x RAD Vormann, 23rd Oberfeldwebel

+1

Baron is well known throughout the community and reckon he will adapt and learn quickly, personally he would make a fine staff member however i don't have the experience but nice guy 🙂

Good luck buddy!

Edited by Eddie Hallgren

Cons
- 7 warns
- Never seen on the server before (I'm pretty active)

Pros
- Sound like a good addiction to the staff team, but not good enough

No from the gamer himself. 

On 11/12/2020 at 1:57 PM, Gamer123 said:

Cons
- 7 warns
- Never seen on the server before (I'm pretty active)

Pros
- Sound like a good addiction to the staff team, but not good enough

No from the gamer himself. 

Excuse me but who the fuck are you????