Johannes Grau

Johannes Grau Staff Application

(I have permission from Gondo before he resigned to re upload my application, i have made minor changes)

RP Character name/s: Gustav Becker (no longer)  / Johannes Grau / Alfred Schuster

Steam Name: [W-G] moth

Steam ID (https://steamidfinder.com/ STEAM_0:0:525483914): STEAM_0:0:525483914

Age when applying: 18

What country do you currently reside in? What is your time-zone?: England (GMT)

Can you speak and type English fluently?: Yes

Current total game-time on the server (type utime_enable 1 in the console if you can't see your game time): 3w 5d

IC Rank(s) & OOC Donation Rank(s) on WW2-RP: SS - Obersturmführer (Leiter d. SS Schulungsamt u. SS Propaganda) , Platinum VIP and Pac3

Do you own a working microphone? When you communicate do you type or speak?: Yes, i type and speak depending on the situation.

When did you join the server? Have you taken any breaks since?:  3 months ago (almost 4)

How often do you use our Teamspeak 3 server and our forums?: Everyday

List of all previous RP server staff experience: WW2 NRP Trial Mod.

Staff that would recommend you?(They will be asked to verify):

State your previous OOC punishments (bans, kicks etc.) Also include a screenshot of your list of warns. (Go in game and type !warns. Upload it to http://imgur.com/ or as a steam community screenshot and include the link. Your game time must be visible as well in the screenshot. Type utime_enable 1 if you can not see it on your screen 

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/558409086836801561/783652014982692914/unknown.png?width=855&height=481

State the role of staff on the server: The job of staff is make sure that a smooth rp experience is maintained throughout the server, whether that is RPing themself, or even spectating RP situations to make sure it is realistic, even if it doesnt turn out the best for everyone. The staff are to uphold server rules and to make sure that there are no 'minges' or people with NITRP etc, disrupting RP situations. Although staff have to obviously attend to staff duties, they are still more than able to roleplay well, having a staff member inside of your regiment is also helpful as it makes people really think about what they are doing before they do it, due to this i have learnt the rules as i have worked with and still work with staff members within my regiments. The job of staff is also to make sure that the community stays friendly, they are not just there to Warn/kick/ban people, they are there to make sure that the server is enjoyable for everybody.

Give some historical context about the time the server is set in (75 words+):

With our prior knowledge of the fact that the war ended in 1945, the server being roleplayed in 1943 is helpful and allows us to attempt to change fate in a sense. The war is becoming lost however the German spirit is not broken, regiments and troops are working tirelessly to uphold the powerful German reputation, defeatism is not being shown and the Germans will not give in. Life was becoming hard for many German citizens as there was constant bombing raids becoming more and more intense. The Reich is tirelessly working to uphold the security and wellbeing of the German people, even if they are slowly losing the war, they do not want people to think that as that shows a clear defeatist attitude which is unwanted. Berlin is the center of all of this, the SS administration and NSDAP are working hard to maintain the greatness of the Reich, each regiment is doing the country proud and increasing in numbers to fight the war.

Have you read the server rules and are familiar with them? Yes

Have you read the punishment list ( Punishment List v3.0 ) and are familiar with it? Yes, i am familiar with it.

Former Staff Questions (Leave these blank if you have not been staff on our server before):

1) For how long were you a staff member on WW2-NRP/ORP? 1 week

2) What rank did you reach before leaving the staff team? I didnt, i was a Trial Moderator

3) Were you demoted or did you resign? Why? I was demoted for several rule breaks and received a tier which resulted in my demotion.

4) In hindsight, what would you have done differently as a staff member? In my eyes, i only needed to read over the rules again in areas i wasn't so familiar with, and also remember not to make any mistakes with formatting when writing warns and bans etc.

5) How have you improved since you left the staff team? Yes, after my demotion i read the rules again, i have read it again since then and have studied certain rules that i wasn't too sure about. I believe i can be a valuable asset to the Staff team due to the sheer amount of time and effort i put into the server, and the will i have for wanting to make it a more enjoyable place to play, even more so than it already is.

Explain how you would handle these scenarios as a staff member:

1) You are told by a player in admin chat that another player is randomly killing people: I would go to that person, see is what is happening, check the console, if that person has stopped i would bring them to a quiter place such as a roof, if not i would bring them and then freeze them. Then i would ask for an explanation, either way i would give them a 1d ban as it is most likely a new player, however a 2d if it is a veteran, as it says in the punishment list.

2) You are asked by a player about how to become a Third Reich official: I would take them to a roof and ask them if they prefer combat or passiverp, i would inform them briefly of what every regiment does. I would then provide a more detailed description of a regiment depending on what they show interest in. i know personally this question was helpful to me as i prefer passiverp to combatrp. Depending on their answer i would then, if they had no idea, explain OrPo , 1.SS , SA, Wehrmacht to them, if they decided passiverp i would explain the NSDAP Hauptamt to them as i believe that is the best way to get into passiverp and work your way up ranks and get a reputation. Depending on their choice i would tell them to go into the f4 menu to train, or if they picked 1.SS i would tell them to go to the MOI and ask about a training (stating that they require Platinum VIP)

3) You catch somebody not performing RP and that are messing around: I would ask them to stop in voice chat, if they continue or dont listen i would take them to a rooftop and explain to them that they need to RP seriously and stop 'minging' and messing around. Depending on the situation i would issue them with a verbal warning as i said, however if i ended up having to take them away i would issue them with either a 1d or 2d ban depending on their playtime.

4) Somebody acquires a rank but is not willing to RP with it properly: As far as the not willing to play the rank properly goes, that is more of an ic situation, however if they end up messing about and failrping then it becomes a situation for a member of the server staff. As i stated above i would take them away and ask them why they are messing about, in this instance i would remind them of their position within the Reich, Mafia, German Resistance etc.

5) A player is prop spamming: I would freeze the player, bring them, and then explain to them what they did wrong as it is very black and white. I would issue them with a Permanent Ban.

Answer the following questions in detail:

1) Explain the difference between Tier I rule-breaking and punishments and Tier II rule-breaking and punishments: As stated in the Punishment list document, a misunderstanding of the situation and rules, and error made by the player unintentionally, the player being new or simply just an accident, is all considered a T1 rule breaking punishment. Whereas T2 Is more for people purposely breaking rules, going out of their way to cause havoc etc. The difference between T1 and T2 rule breaking is that a T1 is mostly issued for light offences or new players, whereas if you are issued with a T2 it tells you that you should've known better either due to your play time or the blatant rule break that you committed.

2) Explain the difference between IC and OOC. Also define Meta Gaming: IC is any situation or conversation etc that happens In character, OOC is a completely out of character way of communicating. Quite often people end up accidentally speaking ooc ic either in voice chat or just by a typo in the text chat. For example you cannot mention things such as discord or other irl services or things that wouldn't exist in 1943, in text comms, voice chat or text chat. Meta Gaming is stating or acting upon things you do not or would have no way of knowing in character. Such as someone's name if they didn't tell you previously. A regular form of metagaming i see is that people act and treat disguised people with no respect, no matter of their rank. By definition they should be treated with the respect their rank has, however people meta game by seeing that they are or guessing that they are disguised in the tab menu. Another form of meta gaming i see is when Gestapo or Streifendienst members are disguised and people avoid them and act differently around them because they know that they will arrest them if they do 1 thing wrong(this only applies to reich officials in terms of the Streifendienst).

3) Explain the difference between Serious RP and Semi-Serious RP: Serious RP is where you rp to the fullest, everything you do is as realistic as possible for example you cannot buy weapons from a weapon vendor as that just would not happen irl, aswell as a car spawner etc, the server rules would also be edited to make the RP more strict. Semi-Serious RP is more focused on jobs that you have within the server or whatever you play on. Semi-Serious RPers tend to prefer developing their characters status and job as oppose to their social status or personality.

4) Define PassiveRP and explain it's role and importance in a serious RP gamemode: In my opinion PassiveRP is what keeps the IC regiments and parts of the server running, other than the staff of course. For example each regiment runs by a spreadsheet and many many documents and regulations stored and written on Google Drive. My preferred method of playing is PassiveRP, although aspects of it may seem boring and combatRP may seem more enticing and interesting, PassiveRP is somewhat rewarding as you help keep a regiment running. For example i frequently update the NSDAP spreadsheet and announce things over discord for people to pay attention. In the SS and NSDAP i have to constantly refer to documents written by other players, such as legislations, Code of Conducts etc etc. In the SS i also would not be able to run the Newspaper without having a regulations document or without having prepared a spreadsheet to manage things such as articles, finances etc.

5) Define the term of Combat Baiting: Combat baiting is when you act in a certain way to players IC to make them either kill you, punish you and essentially to get into a CombatRP situation with you. This could make players commit many rule breaks the main ones being RDM, MRDM, VDM, FailRP or sometimes even NITRP. This is similar to Meta baiting which could also cause similar rule breaks on a larger scale.

Have you added the Manager [Extreme] on Steam? If not, add him: I am unable to add them because my account does not meet the minimum requirements.

Have you added the Vice-Manager [Jack/Malte] on Steam? If not, add him: ^^

Have you added the Staff Manager [Schumacher] on Steam? If not, add him: ^^

Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other applicants. Explain what you will bring to the staff team & your strongest points as a person/potential staff member (200+ words): I would first like to state that i am aware a few people don't like me whether it be ic or ooc for various reasons. However i am a very active and devoted player. I have a lot of experience managing things, such as large Discord, Minecraft servers and Gmod servers. I spend a stupid amount of time on this server each day, unless i have college on that day it is a minimum of 10 hours, even if i have college i still spend around 6 hours on per day. I am very active in the Discord servers and on Discord, i will always respond to anything be it an in game PM, Discord DM, Ping on a Discord server or a Steam message as i don't like to ignore people and i always want to help. I have spent the last month since i was removed from staff, improving on things like my definitions of rule breaks, and revising the rules in general  (especially in areas i wasn't so familiar with which i was unaware of) I have also thoroughly studied the rules guide and spoke with a lot of staff about becoming staff and what it entails, as well as reading through the staff section of the forums, gaining as much knowledge as i can. Due to personal reasons i see things very black and white, unless the situation requires me to see more outside the box and listen to what is being said, which i believe would help me as a Staff member to make decisions.

Do you understand that you can be demoted at anytime with a sufficient reason by a Hierarchy member?:

Yes, Of course

WW2 Current Ranks:

Major des Generalstab‌ ‌des‌ ‌Wehrkreises‌ ‌III 19/12/2020 - Present

- Adj. d. Stv. Befehlshaber d. Ersatzheer

Finanzdirektor, Propagandadirektor und Logistikstruppeinspektor

Amtsleiter | Abschnittleiter und Unterbüroinspektor der Hauptamt Königsplatz 14/02/2021 - Present

Former Roles:

SS - Obersturmführer , Leiter d. SS Schulungsamt u. SS Propaganda u. Hauptschriftleiter d. 'Das Schwarze Korps'  - 28/09/2020 - 19/12/2020

SA - Rottenführer

SA - Oberscharführer

1.SS - Oberschütze

Unterscharführer des Rasse- und Siedlungshauptamt der SS

NSDAP - Einsatzleiter | Stellenleiter u. Stv. Leiter d. Unterbüro 'Presse u. Propaganda' u. Volkswohlfahrtsführer - 12/12/2020 - 11/11/2020

OrPo - Unterwachtmeister

Caesar - Panzeroberschutze

Bruno - Gefreiter

Event Planner

Dear Applicant,

If you can see on the public staff spreadsheet you can see you got demoted for reaching the citation limit (which is 1 warn for a tmod) however you got verbal warnings before about citation worthy things in your staff week too, all 4 actions done were Breaking Server Rules in one way or another.

I do not believe due to how BAD you did in your last trial week that you should be given one at this moment as you were only demoted on the 8th of November which is about a month and a week ago, I'd reccomend a longer stay of being outside of staff before reapplying, potentially talking with SMT on an action forward to show how you can improve in a potential staff career.

Kind Regards

Dr Lewic Fischerman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Positions-

Hauptamtsleiter High Command of the NSDAP

Senior Admin on WW2 RP

Staff Supervisor on the WW2 RP

Old Positions-

Major of the Wehrmacht

Ortsgruppenleiter High Command of the NSDAP

Oberrichter of the NSDAP

Lead Mentor on WW2 RP

Amtsleiter of the Hauptamt Konigsplatz

26 minutes ago, JTA said:

Dear Applicant,

If you can see on the public staff spreadsheet you can see you got demoted for reaching the citation limit (which is 1 warn for a tmod) however you got verbal warnings before about citation worthy things in your staff week too, all 4 actions done were Breaking Server Rules in one way or another.

I do not believe due to how BAD you did in your last trial week that you should be given one at this moment as you were only demoted on the 8th of November which is about a month and a week ago, I'd reccomend a longer stay of being outside of staff before reapplying, potentially talking with SMT on an action forward to show how you can improve in a potential staff career.

i would just like to clarify, despite the few stupid things i did to get a temp tier, i surpassed excellent sit count and got my SOD time within 3 days, i believe my performance is fine and the thing i needed to work on was my rule knowledge, which i have studied and improved on since.

WW2 Current Ranks:

Major des Generalstab‌ ‌des‌ ‌Wehrkreises‌ ‌III 19/12/2020 - Present

- Adj. d. Stv. Befehlshaber d. Ersatzheer

Finanzdirektor, Propagandadirektor und Logistikstruppeinspektor

Amtsleiter | Abschnittleiter und Unterbüroinspektor der Hauptamt Königsplatz 14/02/2021 - Present

Former Roles:

SS - Obersturmführer , Leiter d. SS Schulungsamt u. SS Propaganda u. Hauptschriftleiter d. 'Das Schwarze Korps'  - 28/09/2020 - 19/12/2020

SA - Rottenführer

SA - Oberscharführer

1.SS - Oberschütze

Unterscharführer des Rasse- und Siedlungshauptamt der SS

NSDAP - Einsatzleiter | Stellenleiter u. Stv. Leiter d. Unterbüro 'Presse u. Propaganda' u. Volkswohlfahrtsführer - 12/12/2020 - 11/11/2020

OrPo - Unterwachtmeister

Caesar - Panzeroberschutze

Bruno - Gefreiter

Event Planner

I'd like to start of by saying that the amount of times you deleted and re uploaded the application just shows how indecisive you are. You got 3 tiers in your staff week as Lewic said, and caused drama after you got PKed. Your previous unprofessional behaviour and immaturity is the reason behind my -1. 

Good luck anyways. 

Schneider 

Edited by Johan Schneider

Current Ranks:

WW2 Senior Administrator and Staff Supervisor 

SS-Untersturmführer des SD

Ex Ranks:

SS-Sturmbannführer and Kriminaldirektor of the Geheime Staatspolizei 

Hauptbereitschaftsleiter des NSDAP-Streifendienst

Oberbereitschaftsleiter des Hauptamt "Königsplatz"

WW2 Senior Event Planner

Accepted

Sure... Don't fuck up again.

Current Ranks Within Werwolf Gaming

Staff Ranks

[WW2] Vice Manager

[SWRP] Security Staff

[HL-RP] Security Staff

[SCP] Security Staff

In Character Ranks

[WW2] Höherer SS- und Polizeiführer [SS-Obergruppenführer]

[SWRP] CG Major

Misc. Ranks

Platinum VIP on All GMOD Servers, Diamond VIP on All Rust Servers

Spoiler

Past Ranks Within Werwolf Gaming

Staff Ranks

WW2

SMT [Staff Manager - Vice Manager] [21/12/2019 - 27/12/2020, 27/12/2020 - ]

Event Manager [07/09/2019 - 21/12/2019]

SMT [Head Mod - Administrator] [May - July 2019]

Event Manager [February - May 2019]

Member of Staff Team [05/09/2018 - 

In Character Ranks

WW2

SS-Oberführer und Oberst der Berliner Polizei, --> SS-Oberführer des Reichssicherheitshauptamt, --> SS-Oberführer und Verwaltungsinpektor,

SS-Obersturmführer des Verwaltungsamt,

SS-Obersturmführer des Sicherheitsdienst,

NSDAP Hauptdienstleiter,

NSDAP Gauleiter von Gau Groß Berlin,

SS-Gruppenführer des Oberabschnitt 'Spree' und Generalleutnant der Polizei,

SS-Oberführer des Reichssicherheitshauptamt,

SS-Sturmbannfüuhrer des Sicherheitsdienst & [Temporary 7.SS Unter/Ober/Hauptsturmführer during time in SD],

Stellvertretender Direktor der Propaganda

SS-Hauptscharführer [1.SS],

SS-Oberscharführer [7.SS].

SWRP

CG Colonel

Spoiler

Past Ranks & Accomplishments Within Werwolf Gaming

Creator of the TeamSpeak 3 Server [Permissions, Roles, Channels] x2,

Overseer of TeamSpeak 3 Medal Applications & Rank Request, 

Known Maker of Spreadsheets for WW2 & Members of C.A.T.