NewYork7

Radio For The Reich!

Type of suggestion: Weapon

How important is your suggestion on a scale from 1 to 10: 5

Your suggestion: Add the radio addon for the fighting units of the Reich.

Reasons for this suggestion: 1. Adding this addon would add a lot new passive to the radiomen. Instead of just just typing /Reich or any other channel the radio men would have to take out their radios, choose the right channel and give out their message. 2. This would also make sending messages to the radio much easier. The amount of times I have died when being ORPO trying to report something is a lot, having to stand there typing in chat without being able to move. If I could just be able to take out the radio and give out the message without having to type it into chat I would have survived. 3. This would also make the server more realistic. Instead of just being able to send a message to the whole Reich without a radio in seconds, people will actually need to be radiomen  and take care of them. Having a radioman  will become much more important than ever before. It would become like IRL in WW2 where radio companies were very important. Killing a radioman could make so an whole offence would fail. Adding a radioman role in the combat units of the Reich would also increase the amount of jobs which would be very good for some companies as they need new roles. 4. New combat tactics. If there are two squads split up from each other attacking it would be much easier for then to cooperate if both of them had radiomen. The radiomen would have to listen to their commanders orders and send the messages between each other. 

Any relevant links: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1689165345

Additional Information: The creator of this addon is also the creator of a lot of addons the server currently uses.

+1

Finally a good suggestion that isn't isn't by me (saying this because I am the only person who usually suggested stuff). Would definitely love to see this on the server, as currently everyone just has a radio in their pockets, and no one can know if they are speaking through it. Although I am not too sure how would this affect performance and the /stripcomms system.

Current ranks:

Comedian 

Gamer

Misogynistic 

Racist

Previous ranks:

Rapist

Rape victim

+1 

Would be nice to have on the Server as it does seem to make things easier.

Current W-G Ranks :

Spoiler

General der Infanterie [WW2]
Clone Trooper Private [SWRP]
WW2-NRP Vice Manager [WW2]
WW2-NRP Event Manager [WW2]
Civil Workers / Medical Union [HLRP]

Past Ranks:

Spoiler

Major der Wehrmacht des Generalstabes [WW2]
Hauptmann des Wachbataillons Großdeutschland [WW2]

Richter of the Justice [WW2]
Propaganda Blockhelfer [WW2]
RSD-Obersturmführer [WW2]
Scaleta Associate [WW2]
Japanese Kenpetai Officer [WW2]
Strafbataillon IV 'Berlin' Unteroffizier [WW2]
Hauptmann der 23. Infanterie Division Kompanie 'Viktor' [WW2]
Karlsberg Consortium Enforcer / Chaplain [WW2]
SA-Obersturmman [WW2]
Ordnungspolizei Wachtmeister [WW2]

Central Security Bureau [SCP]

Is anyone aware if it's possible to make it so it fits with our system, or will we have to change it so Wehrmacht has channel 40, Reich 30 and so on, because that seems to be the only available option.
Picture here: https://imgur.com/a/d0o53EH

Otherwise, seems nice.

World War 2
Leutnant und Kompanieführer der Panzer-Abteilung "Großdeustchland" Kompani 'Caesar'
Mitarbeiter des GD-Bataillons 'Berlin'
Former IC Ranks:
23. Hauptmann (nowadays called Bruno)

21 minutes ago, Mikkel said:

Is anyone aware if it's possible to make it so it fits with our system, or will we have to change it so Wehrmacht has channel 40, Reich 30 and so on, because that seems to be the only available option.
Picture here: https://imgur.com/a/d0o53EH

Otherwise, seems nice.

We have developers in the server so I guess if the suggestion dose get accepted that the addon will need to be changed.

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes     

Thank you for suggesting this, it's a interesting idea and it'd make talking on the radio a hell of a lot easier. it took me so fucking long to learn the radio system after they changed it and it looks like I might have to do it again but to hell with it    +1

Edited by [WW2] Ernst Drescher

Denied

No need. People already use Teamspeak for verbal communication in trainings and such, never mind the fact we already have a radio system in the game which uses text.

giphy.gif

afe66a9a156a6a82579ff3d7b376dc69.png

Spoiler

Current Ranks:

Community Reserve Hierarchy

WW2 Manager

WW2 Gauleiter

Former Ranks:

Community Co-Founder

WW2 Owner

MRP Head-Admin

SCP Senior-Admin