Your In-game name: Arik Stifler

Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:231340025

Reason of the ban: LTARP

Date you were banned on: 17/01/21

Duration of ban: 4 days

Admin who banned you (In-game name / Steam name/ Steam ID): Johan Schneider

Explain the situation of your ban from your point of view in detail: I was AFK for half a minute, to turn down the zoom sound because I studied and played together, and after half a minute they just sent me and told me I was getting a ban for 4 days for being AFK on guard, I explained to admin that it was really for a few seconds that I was learning, and he said That it does not matter because I was still AFK on guard.

Do you think your ban was justified:No, because I'm really investing and trying to advance in the ranks, and because I was AFK for half a second because I lowered the volume of the zoom, I got a ban for 4 days

Why should you be unbanned:I really invest and try to do the best I can, I want to play and have fun, and also advance in the ranks, and I really try to do the best, without fails, and they just brought me a ban because I lowered the sound of the zoom, it's not so fair because even I learn Trying to play and have fun, and I also explained to the admin a few times but it just did not help, he just brought me a ban regardless of the circumstances.

Any kind of evidence: 3761251F777965A4C50D92DF67BCD5234D19C286 

Additional information: That the team will start easing the penalties a bit, start giving verbal warnings and not straight bans and warnings, for the reason that it also takes the fun out of the server, and also makes it hard for you to play that every little thing you get a ban or warning (and I'm sure all players can agree with me).

Edited by Goblins

+1

The reason for the ban is completely stupid, most if not all 1.SS or anyone who guards anything goes AFK during guarding and nothing happens to them, i see no reason why you should be banned for going afk while not in an actual critical RP situation like being kidnapped or something you were just guarding.... so yea i think you should be unbanned

Current Ranks : Major Der Wehrmacht, Bulgarian Diplomat/Head Secretary

Previous ranks : FG Oberleutnant, 1.SS Untersturmfuhrer, 7.SS Untersturmfuhrer, WW2 NRP Event planner + Mod, 23rd Oberschutze, GD Stabsgefreiter, GD Caesar Hauptmann.

+1 

pretty stupid ban TBH if he was going away for few seconds to fix a problem. people go afk for a few seconds all time including staff members themselves. Do you honestly expect someone to been tabbed in game the whole time guarding a virtual wall / gate and be tabbed out/ afk for a few seconds there is a thing called multitasking if you aren't aware ? He is just guarding a wall its not like he went AFK during a gestapo interrogation or something vital for RP.

0003fe90-500.jpg.1c2571de3872e30a07b13cecc4050ce1.jpg

-1, It wasn't just a few seconds. We tried to get your attention for around 20 seconds when you were guarding. I arrived at the MOI in RP to just see you AFK and not opening the gate. @[WW2] Dr Baron von Keller and @Norbert Heinrichwere there to see this, after that we also took you to the MOI roof for another 30 seconds and you still did not respond, even after we had tried firing some shots to get your attention. 

13 minutes ago, Aiden Mertz said:

most if not all 1.SS or anyone who guards anything goes AFK during guarding and nothing happens to them

Just because people get away with rule breaks doesn't mean that we will ignore the rule breakers we see, and not enforce the rules on them.

12 minutes ago, Josef Kraz said:

people go afk for a few seconds all time including staff members themselves

This was not just a "few seconds" it was around a minute, and also had affected the RP. 

Edited by Johan Schneider
Rephrasing

Current Ranks:

WW2 Senior Administrator and Staff Supervisor 

SS-Untersturmführer des SD

Ex Ranks:

SS-Sturmbannführer and Kriminaldirektor of the Geheime Staatspolizei 

Hauptbereitschaftsleiter des NSDAP-Streifendienst

Oberbereitschaftsleiter des Hauptamt "Königsplatz"

WW2 Senior Event Planner

Well is it LTARP if you are a unteroffizer in GD and the FG want to speak to you regarding a incident but you have been in the kaserne ( which is used basically for going afk)  afk for 30 minutes because that is affecting RP. Are you going to ban everyone who is AFK on their Reich jobs and they dont respond to a line up because thats affecting rp ?

I will have to -1 this.

"2.4.2 - Leaving/Changing Name to Avoid Roleplay/Punishment"

15 minutes ago, Johan Schneider said:

This was not just a "few seconds" it was around a minute, and also had affected the RP

"This also includes going AFK during a IC and OOC situation." 

9 minutes ago, Josef Kraz said:

Well is it LTARP if you are a unteroffizer in GD and the FG want to speak to you regarding a incident but you have been in the kaserne  Are you going to ban everyone who is AFK on their Reich jobs and they dont respond to a line up because thats affecting rp ?

That room is an OOC Zone generally but still IC. If you're guarding the MOI, you're in an actively used IC Zone and are subject to AFK punishment(s). Most people check the AFK Zones when they're contacting them via radio to see if they're in a valid AFK spot to then void the RP situation.

Edited by Brandon Low

Current Roles Within Werwolf Gaming:

[WW2] Leutnant Der Logistiktruppe (Lindner) // Hauptamt Königsplatz Bereitschaftsleiter (Heinrich)

[SCP] Manufacturing Head // Senior Discord Support

@Josef Kraz The Kaserne is an AFK room pretty much, but it's an IC area still. So no, not everyone would be banned. Unless they are in a case like this, where they go AFK in an RP situation. 

Current Ranks:

WW2 Senior Administrator and Staff Supervisor 

SS-Untersturmführer des SD

Ex Ranks:

SS-Sturmbannführer and Kriminaldirektor of the Geheime Staatspolizei 

Hauptbereitschaftsleiter des NSDAP-Streifendienst

Oberbereitschaftsleiter des Hauptamt "Königsplatz"

WW2 Senior Event Planner

" That room is an OOC Zone. If you're guarding the MOI, you're in an IC Zone and are subject to AFK punishment(s). Most people check the AFK Zones when they're contacting them via radio to see if they're in a valid AFK spot to then void the RP situation. " There is nothing saying that these rooms are  OOC zones.  The only OOC zones are the Staff area / Staff sits , fail rp name  room, chess club & spawn/ event spawn. Even though its a AFK room its still a IC zone, you really think because he went afk  whilst guarding a gate is affecting their RP that bad. As these two staff members could of taken IC & punished him IC  rather than losing another member of their regiment affecting their performance.  If you are banning people for being tabbed out for 30 seconds you will eventually kill the server because no wants to play and be distracted with IRL and risk getting a LTARP warn.

3 minutes ago, Brandon Low said:

I will have to -1 this.

"2.4.2 - Leaving/Changing Name to Avoid Roleplay/Punishment"

"This also includes going AFK during a IC and OOC situation." 

That room is an OOC Zone generally but still IC. If you're guarding the MOI, you're in an actively used IC Zone and are subject to AFK punishment(s). Most people check the AFK Zones when they're contacting them via radio to see if they're in a valid AFK spot to then void the RP situation.

I was AFK for half a minute, because I learned in the process, are you serious that you're really saying that?
It's not that I went in the middle of something or I was AFK in the middle of an interrogation or something, I was on guard, alone, that no one was with me, I arranged the sound of the lesson in zoom, so I could both play and learn, half a minute later they bring me to the roof and tell me I get a ban , Even though I explained myself a few times and it just did not interest them,
And I'm still not talking about the team being too rigid and instead of giving verbal warnings straight punishing in a warning or ban, and that takes out the urge to play and also makes it difficult for all the players.

20 minutes ago, Josef Kraz said:

" That room is an OOC Zone. If you're guarding the MOI, you're in an IC Zone and are subject to AFK punishment(s). Most people check the AFK Zones when they're contacting them via radio to see if they're in a valid AFK spot to then void the RP situation. " There is nothing saying that these rooms are OOC zones. Even though its a AFK room its still a IC zone.

I called it an OOC Zone because that room is the AFK room and people are literally out of character as they're not playing but can still be used for IC reasoning, as I edited in my post. My mistake for calling it by that but I hope I have made myself clear on what I meant.

18 minutes ago, Goblins said:

I was AFK for half a minute, because I learned in the process, are you serious that you're really saying that?
It's not that I went in the middle of something or I was AFK in the middle of an interrogation or something, I was on guard, alone, that no one was with me, I arranged the sound of the lesson in zoom, so I could both play and learn, half a minute later they bring me to the roof and tell me I get a ban , Even though I explained myself a few times and it just did not interest them,
And I'm still not talking about the team being too rigid and instead of giving verbal warnings straight punishing in a warning or ban, and that takes out the urge to play and also makes it difficult for all the players.

I know it seems strange that you can get banned for stuff like this for, in your case, abnormal times but the staff team are given rules to follow and they're sticking to it. They have a specific punishment list to adhere to so staff can't always give out verbals and punishments are generally based on playtime. (Newcomer/Veteran etc). 

47 minutes ago, Johan Schneider said:

We tried to get your attention for around 20 seconds when you were guarding. After that we also took you to the MOI roof for another 30 seconds and you still did not respond, even after we had tried firing some shots to get your attention. 

"I was AFK for half a minute"  seems unlikely considering that even after a minute you still were not responding as stated by Johan.

Current Roles Within Werwolf Gaming:

[WW2] Leutnant Der Logistiktruppe (Lindner) // Hauptamt Königsplatz Bereitschaftsleiter (Heinrich)

[SCP] Manufacturing Head // Senior Discord Support

15 minutes ago, Brandon Low said:

I called it an OOC Zone because that room is the AFK room and people are literally out of character as they're not playing but can still be used for IC reasoning, as I edited in my post. My mistake for calling it by that but I hope I have made myself clear on what I meant.

I know it seems strange that you can get banned for stuff like this for, in your case, abnormal times but the staff team are given rules to follow and they're sticking to it. They have a specific punishment list to adhere to so staff can't always give out verbals and punishments are generally based on playtime. (Newcomer/Veteran etc). 

"I was AFK for half a minute"  seems unlikely considering that even after a minute you still were not responding as stated by Johan.

Even if we say and I was AFK for a minute, I brought a logical reason why it happened, do not think I am coming against the admin, I am coming against the punishment, if they give punishment to anyone who AFK on guard for a minute no people will remain on the server because everyone will be in the ban With a higher rank on the subject of punishments that I think are too exaggerated and also illogical, and in no way ruin the fun on the server, I would AFK say for a minute, so something happened? I arranged the zoom so I could both study and play, someone who did not care would leave the game, but I do try to invest so I both played and studied, I brought a very logical reason why I was AFK for a minute (do not say it's half an hour, it's excessive) , And I went back to the game as usual and it did not even matter the same reason, instead of bringing a verbal warning or talking and explaining, straight brought me a ban. So if any of the senior staff reads this, I hope you take it to the crossroads of your hearts and maybe change the matter of punishments, because it's really excessive.

* In addition, I also submitted a proposal on the Discord server regarding the warnings and also the bans and that they are too exaggerated, for anyone who wants to make an impact.

Accepted 

The ban is invalid. It will be revoked. 

WW2 Staff Manager

Stellvertretender Gauleiter von Gau 'Groß-Berlin'

Polizeipräsident d. Polpr. "Berlin" (SS-Standartenführer) 

Previous Ranks (of note)

WW2 Event Manager

WW2 Lead Mentor

95. Feldgendarmerie Oberst

Heeresverwaltung Major

1.SS Obersturmführer

SS-Obersturmbannführer (Insp. d. RSHA d. Abs. III & Adj. d. SS-Oberabschnitt 'Spree')