Hazel

Subregiment/Regimental Squads

What your suggestion is: Subregiment/Regimental Squads

Scriptfodder/workshop link: N/A

Any additional information: Subregiment/Regimental Squads Document 

The things in the document isn't complete such as the names for some of the squads and what weapons do they get its just the basics of how it would work, its a lot of work to implement this but it would be worth it.

Edited by Hazel

Current Ranks
104th Vice Commander

Past Ranks
327th LCPL |
 327th Vice Commander
1774110722_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).gif.616923e1f6d08736654cfc4e8ebb1926.gif

+1 Although I'd say that some things should be tweaked to fit the server more. This sort of thing needs to be in the server for the sake of density in the server and keeping things fresh.

Current Ranks

104th Executive Officer

Past Ranks

CT EXO

GC Major

ezgif.com-gif-maker_2.gif

Neutral
idk its a cool idea but is it needed i dont think so plus i just feel like this would just remove the point of arc

Current Ranks:

21st Nova Corps Senior Commander

Jedi Ace

SWRP Senior Mod

Previous Ranks:
21st Best Model

Neutral 

Although I like the idea, It would make (as Aleks said) ARC pretty much pointless as each regiment has their own squad, unless they replace it with this. Also Shadow is very busy and won't be able to do these models for a long time. It's a pretty cool idea but I think it would be quite hard to organise pretty much right after the regimental ARCs were introduced. Good plan/skins though, nice detail.

-1 / neutral
Sounds cool, but doesnt work. Requires for regiment to be full or have 20+ active people for it to work. For example I believe 212th used to have a subsquad, where people were designated tank drivers or smth like that. But this meant that the equipment was restricted to only that squad, or that squad got priority on that equipment which is not really fun for the rest of the regiment who arent in that squad. 
In my opinion wouldn't be a good addition.

Cool idea but it would pretty much replace ARC

Just seems like you took RC and made it into sub-regiments with the whole squad leader thing

From what I know the server files are already quite large and this would just increase the file size for something which I think wont be useful, kinda just a name and a new model.

tenor.gif.4f21ceb72a2a2130f937d039b1b707b6.gif

Spoiler

Current Ranks

Vice Admiral

SWRP Admin

Past Ranks

327th Colonel

Head of Battalion

10 hours ago, Aleks said:

Neutral
idk its a cool idea but is it needed i dont think so plus i just feel like this would just remove the point of arc

Not Really the point of ARC is to get into RC and the sub regiment I suggested  is just for something else to do because not everyone wants ARC/RC and the subregiments won't be on the same Level as ARCs.

10 hours ago, Hogus said:

-1 / neutral
Sounds cool, but doesnt work. Requires for regiment to be full or have 20+ active people for it to work. For example I believe 212th used to have a subsquad, where people were designated tank drivers or smth like that. But this meant that the equipment was restricted to only that squad, or that squad got priority on that equipment which is not really fun for the rest of the regiment who arent in that squad. 
In my opinion wouldn't be a good addition.

Yes I've Heard that 212th used to have designated Tank Drivers and Explosive people or something like that and only certain people can do certain things but the Subregiment I suggested doesn't have any specific role the only thing different between the subregiment and the normal regiment is an Extra weapon and for example 327th is pushing in the frontlines then K Company could start flanking the enemy, the only difference is an extra weapon and a different role during events. 

Edited by Hazel

Current Ranks
104th Vice Commander

Past Ranks
327th LCPL |
 327th Vice Commander
1774110722_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).gif.616923e1f6d08736654cfc4e8ebb1926.gif

+1 suggestion is good only needs to be worked on obviously but it would to cool to have a sub regiment having different roles in event instead of doing the same thing like every other frontline or defensive regiment

Current Rank:

212th Executive Officer.

212th4.gif.156ad6590ff1dfeef12085b0b8078790.gif

Neutral

I love the idea; it will help expand a regiment's roles whilst also keeping the regiment fresh for people either not interested in or are unable to join ARC.

But there are several technical issues that come along with a suggestion like this, which have mostly been mentioned above. Shadow is already busy sorting out our existing models so the new stuff will just take longer,  any new weapons will need to be made new and the many additional files will just bloat the server even more.

Also, i feel as if it would somewhat obsolete ARC unless they got a load of new equipment as it would likely just become a harder group to join with the only main benefit being able to get picked for RC with a couple new weapons.

Lastly, I understand that i may not really speak for all GM and this is just a proposition and not the final product but i don't think the models suggested would work. Base clone armour thats just the GM purple doesn't scream elite squad imo. Existing models for something like Keller's Unit already exist on the server and if everyone ends up being made new models for it, unlikely as it may be, we could always get something like Jet's Unit.

TLDR: Really cool idea that i would love to see implemented but i doubt it could happen to the best of its potential anytime soon. 

Edited by Bean

666603446_forumssig.gif.59f9ebfebcc81cb3f3c3bdcde4ad16ae.gif

Current Ranks:

21st Executive Officer

Jedi Blade Warrior

Aayla Secura

Previous Ranks:

Battalion Captain

Jedi Paladin

GM Colonel

74th Advanced Medical Officer

Neutral 
It's a good idea, but it would cause more addons to the server downloading list. what i've been told its bigger then some games. That aside its a nice idea to implement into the server. 

Huge +1

This has been something I've been wanting added for a while. It gives diversity to every regiment as well as more to work towards as he said with even more fun to the server. I think this would be absolutely amazing for the players and beneficial to the server.

Its something which I would have loved to seen on the server however after numerous discussions with others on the topic it looks good on paper however in theory in a PvP base server where they will just be gloated few people in a regiment it wont work, it creates too much of a toxic environment, with some little immature 13 year olds wanting to be the "Squad Leader" of a "Elite" squad within a regiment.

Wont work on this server and that's why I didn't give it a second attempt when I was still playing

Current Ranks

SWRP Mod

Jedi Healer

Past Ranks

SWRP Senior-Admin

Deathrun Admin

Battalion Major

CE EXO

501st Captain

501st ARC Colonel

spacer.png

Netural
If the squads were soley for RP I think it work better, however that can't be done for every regiment and giving equipment to squads would regiments less unique and oversaturated.

Current Ranks - SWRP

- CT Commander,  Jedi Shaman & Detainment Droid

Past Ranks - SWRP & NRP

- CT ARC | Jedi Senior Knight | 501st Commander | 327th Temp EXO | Event Planner x2
- Scaletta Kingpin | Scaletta Don | Consortium Enforcer | Stellvertretender Direktor of Propaganda

Denied.

Right now in terms of regiments server is in a good place, having these squads wont really add much because they'd just be doing the same as everyone else in the regiment and it just ends up with the people in the squad having a superiority complex.