Wolf Varem

Wolf Varem Staff Application

RP Character name/s: Wolf Varem

Steam Name: Danielwb03

Steam ID (https://steamidfinder.com/) STEAM_0:0:49347166

Age when applying: 16

What country do you currently reside in? What is your time-zone?: Israel, GMT+3

Can you speak and type English fluently?:yes

Current total game-time on the server (type utime_enable 1 in the console if you can't see your game time): 14 weeks 20 hours

IC Rank(s) & OOC Donation Rank(s) on WW2-RP: Oberstleutnant, Pac3, PlatinumVIP, Radio tool.

Do you own a working microphone? When you communicate do you type or speak?: Yes I own a working microphone and I can communicate both ways. 

When did you join the server? Have you taken any breaks since?: No.

How often do you use our Teamspeak 3 server and our forums?: Every day.

List of all previous RP server staff experience: I was staff on this server before and it is the only instance I was a staff member on a roleplay server.

Staff that would recommend you?(They will be asked to verify):
Senior Moderator Michael Reitter, Senior Moderator Alfred Landa.

State your previous OOC punishments (bans, kicks etc.) Also include a screenshot of your list of warns. (Go in game and type !warns. Upload it to http://imgur.com/ or as a steam community screenshot and include the link. Your game time must be visible as well in the screenshot. Type utime_enable 1 if you can not see it on your screen|
TnP6R3p.jpg

State the role of staff on the server: The role of staff on the server is to enforce the server rules and help players whether someone is stuck and needs help getting out, or a report about someone breaking rules, or someone just has a question regarding the server. The staff are here to protect roleplay. Ensuring the quality of the server.

Give some historical context about the time the server is set in (75 words+): The server is based in Nazi Germany in the city of Berlin in the year 1943 in the wehrkreis III district. The war has entered a pivotal point as the Germans are being pushed back in Africa and on the Eastern Front. The Germans had not reached Moscow and the Soviets had stopped the German ‘Blitzkrieg’ and pushed the Germans out of Stalingrad with the encirclement of the 6th army. The Battle of Kursk will go down as one of the largest tank battles in history resulting in a Soviet Victory. The North African front also came to an end on the 13th of May 1943. The Invasion of Sicily will also take place in august of the same year. Deep in the heart of Nazi Germany, different types of resistence groups are attempting to slow down the German war machine by damaging rail roads and factories.
The “Final Solution” will shift gears with more devastating death and concentration camps like Trablinka, Sobibor and Bergen belsen.

Have you read the server rules and are familiar with them? yes

Have you read the punishment list ( https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gc29oZFMSsGgcWFoOkNZejj7eqUBQPGXYCGbB8vNePM/edit?usp=drivesdk ) and are familiar with it? yes 

Former Staff Questions (Leave these blank if you have not been staff on our server before):

1) For how long were you a staff member on WW2-NRP/ORP? 3 weeks

2) What rank did you reach before leaving the staff team? Moderator

3) Were you demoted or did you resign? Why? I resigned because I was burnt out and I had to focus on studies which I have finished and no longer stressed out with and I intent on focusing more on the roleplay.

4) In hindsight, what would you have done differently as a staff member? Try to take more sits as my last week I did not reach the sufficient amount of sits and not resign.

5) How have you improved since you left the staff team? I have improved in many ways since I was staff. My understanding of the rules has improved and I have encountered many situations when a staff member was not available at a certain time of the day and I believe that I can help in those times like early morning or late at night.

Explain how you would handle these scenarios as a staff member:

1) You are told by a player in admin chat that another player is randomly killing people:  If the individual calling the sit was killed I would bring him and the man who killed him on a rooftop. On the rooftop I would examine both stories and check the logs to see what happened, I will ask if any of them have evidence to support the case. If the individual reporting the RDM case is correct I would return him down to spawn and warn the RDMer appropriately. If the case is inconclusive with no evidence or any solid proof or story I would just dismiss the case and return both to their original location. If the report was false I will just discard it and explain why the case was closed to the reporting individual. If he is a bi stander I will teleport to him and ask/see where the RDMer is, if I catch the RDMer in the act I will first take him away from all the people so he cannot harm anyone anymore preferable to a rooftop so the sit will not be interrupted and check how many people he had killed / attempted to kill and warn him appropriately.

2) You are asked by a player about how to become a Third Reich official: I would teleport to said individual and explain to him about the /armycadet /policecadet or the F4 menu and how to enlist in a specific branch whether it will be OrPo, Army or NSDAP. After I have explained to them how to actually enlist, I would briefly explain what each department does and explain that not all jobs are available and that you require VIP/PlatinumVIP to access them.

3) You catch somebody not performing RP and that are messing around: If I caught an individual not roleplaying and are just messing around, depending on the situation I would warn them for NITRP, Tier depending on the situation.

4) Somebody acquires a rank but is not willing to RP with it properly: I would see if he had done it on purpose or not, if not I would explain to him what he did wrong and how he can improve, maybe he broke a rule he wasn’t aware of. Depending on the situation. If it is severe I would of punished him for NITRP Tier II or FailRP Tier II

5) A player is prop spamming: A permanent ban, prop spamming is not tolerated at all.

Answer the following questions in detail:

1) Explain the difference between Tier I rule-breaking and punishments and Tier II rule-breaking and punishments: A Tier I punishment and verdict will be for clueless players who have just joined and are not aware of the rules yet or for a misunderstanding in a certain rule or an accidental rule break. A Tier II is when an individual has been punished before for the same or similar offence but is knowingly and willingly breaking said rule again after being warned and explained it already. The Tier II punishment will be harsher then the Tier I punishment.

2) Explain the difference between IC and OOC. Also define Meta Gaming: IC aka In Character is information gathered during an RP interaction. For example: an individual with a red shirt and blue pants has shot another man with a revolver, you have witnessed the crime, that is an in character event witnessed by you. That information can then be used to catch said criminal. OOC aka Out Of Character is information gathered from illegitimate places for example: looking at someone’s name, checking the tab menu and seeing they are Mafia and then arresting them. Using Out Of Character information like the Tab menu and name tags on player’s heads and used it in character. Which is meta gaming.

3) Explain the difference between Serious RP and Semi-Serious RP: Serious RP is when everything has to be professional and in character with a lot of passive RP. Semi Serious doesn’t require the amount of passive RP a serious RP has and it has more silly moments here and there

4) Define PassiveRP and explain its role and importance in a serious RP gamemode: Passive RP is very important in a serious RP server as it improves the immersion and feel of the server with the little things, for example: an NCO is driving a high ranking officer to a certain location, when reaching said location, the driver would come out and go to the officer’s door and do /me opens car door out of respect to the officer. Or a soldier cleaning his rifle, or civilians having a chat in a cafe. It helps with the immersion and the overall feel of the server.

5) Define the term of Combat Baiting: Combat baiting is when someone is willingly doing an illegal act like running towards the police department with a gun and shooting at the sky to initiate a combat situation from the police on purpose. 

Have you added the Manager on Steam? If not, add him: Yes

Have you added the Vice-Manager on Steam? If not, add him: Yes

Have you added the Staff Manager on Steam? If not, add him: Yes

Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other applicants. Explain what you will bring to the staff team & your strongest points as a person/potential staff member (200+ words): I personally believe that the reason I deserve staff more than others is that I fit the requirements for staff presented, I was a staff member before and was not demoted from my position. I can help monitor the server in hours when not a lot of staff members are online. I am very active every day for 5 hours plus each day with no breaks. I have been playing this server since the 10th of may so I know how to enforce the rules efficiently as I was in many different staff sits and situations that require rule knowledge. I believe I should be elected over other applicants because I can control my temper quite well, I always listen to both sides of the story and base my decision on reliable relevant pieces of evidence. I am not afraid to ask for help or admit my mistakes and flaws. I feel like I can enforce the server rules to the highest of standards. I am very professional and I can take criticism, I am not afraid of criticism, I believe criticism can help me grow as a person, as an individual acknowledging my flaws from an outside perspective that will help me improve on everything. I do not get offended or quick to anger.

Do you understand that you can be demoted at anytime with a sufficient reason by a Hierarchy member?: Yes

EDIT: Put Oberstleutnant in the IC/OOC ranks, permission granted by Malte

Edited by Wolf Varem

+1

The application looks pretty decent and you already have some experience.

Current Ranks

N/A

Old Ranks

2x NRP Senior Moderator

Inspektor d. W-SS d. Ab. III [SS-Sturmbannführer]

2x SS-Hauptscharführer des SD

2x Leiter d. Stapo-Leitstelle "Berlin" [SS-Sturmbannführer]

1.SS Wachbattaillon "LSSAH" Unterscharführer

+1

The application looks good and you have a lot of experience

Current Ranks
Civil Protection 04 - JURY
Former Ranks
Hauptmann und Polizeichef der Berliner Ordnungspolizei
Hauptscharführer des Inland-Sicherheitsdienst

I have had the pleasure of speaking with Varem on a few occasions although I haven’t had the opportunity to interact with him while in-character that often. In all my interactions with him, I could see his professionalism and politeness. He is a respected member of the community here, and has been playing for a while. His answers show his thought process and he has clearly put a lot of effort into his application. I certainly think that he would make an excellent staff member and a welcome addition to the team. +1 from me.

+1

-Has previous experience

-Is well know 

-is competent

-When he is SOD he is not on his HC job, meaning I  have to follow his orders less.(joke)

Kind regards. Hendrik Scheppert.
Current:

Server Manager

Discord Staff Manager

Gauleiter

Past:

Staff Supervisor

Hauptmann of "Wachbataillon" Großdeutschland (OG GD)
Sturmbannführer des Sicherheitsdienst Reichsführers-SS (SD)
Leiter d. RSHA Abteilung 'Berlin'

+1

You have previously been a staff member and shown to be a capable one as well. 

WW2-NRP Staff Manager
SS- und Polizeiführer (SS-Gruppenführer )

Adj. d. Stv. Gauleiters v. Gau 'Groß-Berlin' (Bereichsleiter)

Former:
WW2-NRP Super Administrator & Discord Staff Manager
Leiter der RSHA Abteilung 'Berlin' (SS-Obersturmbannführer)
Sturmbannführer des Sicherheitsdienst des Reichsführers-SS
Major der Feldgendarmerie und Sicherheits- und Justizleiter
Sicherheitsdirektor der NSDAP (Hauptabschnittleiter)
Oberbereitschaftsleiter der NSDAP-Streifendienst
Unterscharführer des Rasse- und Siedlungshauptamt der SS

2.SS Panzer Division 'Das Reich' Unterscharführer
Unteroffizier der Wachbataillon Großdeutschland (the original)