Wilhelm Diels

Wilhelm Diels/Joules Staff Application

RP Character name/s: Wilhelm Diels/Joules

Steam Name: Deno/DeadWhistle

Steam ID: 76561198068273195

Age when applying: 18

What country do you currently reside in? What is your time-zone?: UK, GMT +1:00

Can you speak and type English fluently?: Yes

Current total game-time on the server (type utime_enable 1 in the console if you can't see your game time): 5 weeks, 5 days and 3 hours.

IC Rank(s) & OOC Donation Rank(s) on WW2-RP:

IC Rank(s): Amtsleiter Der Office of Finance and Labour (Reichsbankdirektor), and 1.SS Sturmmann

OOC Rank(s): Platinum VIP

Do you own a working microphone? When you communicate do you type or speak?: yes, I have a working microphone. When I am communicating in OCC and IC I use both forms of communication, but I prefer and main, Microphone.

When did you join the server? Have you taken any breaks since?: I Have taken two notable breaks for revision and exams sins joining (The other breaks I have taken are small LOAs for personal reasons). However, during these brakes, I would still come on Teamspeak. My earliest interaction with the server is around 2018 (not sure which month), I wish I could extrapolate on that date but it’s the most accurate I can give.

How often do you use our Teamspeak 3 server and our forums?: I tend to be on TeamSpeak almost every day but only go out of my way to talk when I am on the server/joining or playing other games with the server members. As for the forums I don’t do a lot of forum stuff as I prefer to talk than to type.

List of all previous RP server staff experience: None to speak of.

The staff that would recommend you? (They will be asked to verify): None to speak of.

State your previous OOC punishments (bans, kicks, etc.) Also, include a screenshot of your list of warns. (Go in-game and type !warns. Upload it to http://imgur.com/ or as a steam community screenshot and include the link. Your game time must be visible as well in the screenshot. Type utime_enable 1 if you cannot see it on your screen: I have never been: banned or Kicked from the server (from my immediate knowledge). I have one warning for Meta-game, which I received for messing around at an earlier time in my server experience when I was still getting to grips to the server and three more, which I received after making some poor judgements during a PD raid. I hope to never waste the staff's precious time warning me for such a stupid decision on my part. 

My warns: https://imgur.com/8Kbi5oY

State the role of staff on the server: The role of staff on the server is to help current players and recently joined players, with any and all problems they need help with. This includes stopping players from breaking the rules and making the server experience as enjoyable as possible for all the players on it.

Give some historical context about the time the server is set in (75 words+): The server is moulded towards the end (1943) of the war as Germany started to realise that the tide of their conquest was turning in the Allies (enemies) favour. The implosion of ‘Operation Barbarossa’ and the success of ‘Operation Uranus’ bring the battle of Stalingrad to a Comintern victory (around 750,000 Germans would surrender), as well as the unexpected willpower of the people of the USSR have all led to the decimation of the eastern offensive. The successful execution of ‘D-Day and liberation of most of Northern France’, Italy capitulating to the Allies and then turning on Germany and helping the allies liberate the rest of Italy (in return for leniency), and the loss of North Africa to the Allies, all have contributed towards Germany’s now dire situation on the Western front. The Reich is now on the back foot trying to fight a 2 front war against the larger, better equipped, the more motivated and the more enraged armies of the Allies and the Comintern. As the Allied nations steam role towards the industrial heartland of the mainland Germany and the Comintern making massive gains in the east, Hitler, and his inner-circle have started to truly realise that their “1000 year Reich” dream is not going to come to fruition. This part of the war is one of the most surreal for the Axis powers.

Have you read the server rules and are familiar with them?: Yes.

Have you read the punishment list and are familiar with it?: Yes, I have read and am familiar with them.

Former Staff Questions (Leave these blank if you have not been staff on our server before):

1) For how long were you a staff member on WW2-NRP/ORP?

2) What rank did you reach before leaving the staff team?

3) Were you demoted or did you resign? Why?

4) In hindsight, what would you have done differently as a staff member?

5) How have you improved since you left the staff team?

Explain how you would handle these scenarios as a staff member:

1) You are told by a player in admin chat that another player is randomly killing people: If I received a report in admin chat of this, I would drop anything I was doing as Mass-RDM affects the wider community and not just one player. I would teleport to him and take him away from the effected community of players. The scale of the Mass-RDM (To determine this I would get his steam id and in-game name check the logs and see how many people if any he has killed), how the effected players felt about the action, and questioning him on the reason he felt the need to kill said individuals; all of these would determine whether he will receive a harsh warning or an appropriate bad (Permanent or for a large period). I would also give him a link to the rules so if he decides after his ban to comeback he will know the rules and become a valued member of the community and not someone who puts others enjoyable of the server at risk.

2) You are asked by a player about how to become a Third Reich official: If a player asks me this question I would respond with asking him “what he would like to do on the server?” depending on what his response is I will suggest the appropriate group to him and give him the command to join it or what course he needs to take to get to his desired role (For Example 1.SS to SD to SS-VA). For example, If the player responds with: “I would like to defend the streets of Berlin” I would tell him to do the command, “/police cadet” and ask for him to be trained by an NCO of Orpo.

3) You catch somebody not performing RP and that is messing around: I would go the individual and move him to a rooftop and tell him to stop and start to role-play and then put him back on the map. After this he is reported doing it again I take the same action but instead of giving him a verbal warning to stop I would earn him for a FailRP Tier I/II (depending on how he speaks and acts when doing the violation of the rules and whether he intended it or just made a mistake).

4) Somebody acquires a rank but is not willing to RP with it properly: I would go to him And ask him why he is not using his rank to correctly role-play; because it could just be the fact he is in the wrong role. I would then warn him for NITRP and/or FailRP, and if he needs suggestions of different roles that are more suited to his desired experience on the server; I will make the appropriate suggestions related to what he has told me he is looking for; this will allow them to become a productive Role-player and will lead to him adding value to where ever he ends up. I would also report the incident to his superiors and ask them to watch what the player does and have them inform me of any developments.

5) A player props spamming: I would remove him from the area and freeze him far away to stop him from doing any more harm to the server. I would warn him and most likely request he is banned; because prop spam affects the wider community and someone who has such little regard for other players should punish just fully and swiftly.

Answer the following questions in detail:

1) Explain the difference between Tier I rule-breaking and punishments and Tier II rule-breaking and punishments:

Tier I: Would be applicable if the player committed the rule breakthrough, unintentional error, misunderstanding, and/or an accident or the player is new and just has not read the rules yet.

Tier II: Is applicable if the player committed the rule breakthrough, Blatant and intentional disregard for the rules, constantly breaking the rules and not learning his lesson, No rule knowledge or has already been punished for the same offence or previously was told to stop by another member of staff.

2) Explain the difference between IC and OOC. Also define Meta Gaming: In-character (IC): In-character is for when you are role-playing as your role (anything you say when In-Character will be taken as what you are saying as your rank/role.) On the other hand, you have ‘Out-Of-Character (OOC)’ which is the counterpart to IC as whatever you say when in OOC will be taken as “Banter” and not taken as something you are saying as part of your role/rank.

Metagaming with the practice of using OOC sources to make movements towards other players, which you would have not had the information to do so if you were utilising IC sources of information. E.g. using tab to locate and arrest/kill a Resistance/Mafia pretending to be a Reich role and only 

3) Explain the difference between Serious RP and Semi-Serious RP: Semi-Serious Roleplaying tends to be less formal Roleplaying for your character, is sillier, requires less handbook following, less passive RP, and in general, is more comfortable and chill. However, serious roleplaying is almost the polar opposite to this as it requires you to perform large amounts of passive roleplaying, follow your training and handbook to the letter, and speak formally, etc.

4) Define PassiveRP and explain its role and importance in a serious RP game mode: Passive-Roleplaying in a role-play server allows players to become immersed in their characters, roles, tasks, and interactions with the world you are betraying him in. This also has the knock-on effect of allowing other players related to your character to feel more immersed in their role. An example of this would be if I was awarding a badge to a player and upon doing so I would type, /me pins the badge on the chest.

5) Define the term of Combat Baiting: Combat baiting is the act of trying to get the attention of a fellow player (Probably playing a Reich Job) to engage in a combat situation with him. For example, a player pulling out their gun in front of the PD guards and the running off (this could lead to them chasing him or shooting at him so he has a reason to retaliate).

Have you added the Manager [Extreme] on Steam? If not, add him: Yes

Have you added the Vice-Manager [Jack/Malte] on Steam? If not, add him: Yes

Have you added the Staff Manager [Schumacher] on Steam? If not, add him: Yes

Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other applicants. Explain what you will bring to the staff team & your strongest points as a person/potential staff member (200+ words): I think I deserve staff over most other applicants as I have an extensive amount of experience on the server, interacting with the community; this is supported as I have been interacting and playing with the community for almost two years and have spent a respectable amount of time on the server (this has allowed me to see and experience all types of players who come to the community and how to handily them); after spending so much time on this community and server I want to give something back, and contribute to making sure the server is enjoyable for all players.

I am online till the late hours of the night and am almost on every day for at least 2 hours (most of the time more) which means I can contribute to the staff team at night and during the day hours, I am on. Another reason I think I would make a better member of staff then your other applicants is that I have a good vocabulary and understanding English language, which allows me to communicate clearly with other players. I also, can control my temper, keep a cool head and listen to all sides of the story, which from my experience on the server is very important when dealing with unruly players or a “he said she said” situation.

These are why I think I should be given the honour of serving as a staff member of this community.

Do you understand that you can be demoted at any time with a sufficient reason by a Hierarchy member?: Yes, I understand fully.

Edit made to the time on the server - Granted by Auster Shumacher (19/05/2020)

Edit made to "5) A player props spamming:" to fix the typo of "bad" instead of "banned" - Granted by Auster Shumacher (20/05/2020)

Edited by Wilhelm Diels

Current Roles:

Gaustabsamtsleiter (High Command) on NRP

Aspiring Bin Man on HL-RP

Past Roles:

Spoiler
  • Sicherheitsdienst des Reichsfuhrers-SS: Oberscharfuhrer
  • 1.SS Panzer Division Leibstandarte SS "Adolf Hitler": Untersturmfuhrer
  • Feldgendarmerie: Oberfeldwebel
  • Infantry Regiment Großdeutschland: Oberfeldwebel
  • 6th SS Mountain Division "Nord": Oberscharfuhrer
  • Gestapo: Apl. Kriminalassistent
  • Ministry of finance (Old): Einsatzleiter
  • Leiter d. SS-WVHA d. Ab. III: Sturmbannfuhrer
  • Buro d. Finance u. Arbeit: Amtsleiter x2
  • Buro d. Gaustabsamt: Gaustabsamtsleiter
  • 7.SS: Scharfuhrer
  • -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • WW2-Mod
  • WW2-Event Planner

A few small grammar mistakes but other than that Nice app. He also has a respectable amount of time in the server. +1

Current Ranks:                                                                                                                                                                                      Orpo Unterwachtmeister                                                                                                                                                      Hauptamt Konigsplatz Arbeitsleiter

Old Ranks:                                                                                                                                                                                             Inspektor d. W-SS d. Ab. III                                                                                                                                                            Inspektor d. Orpo d. Ab. III                                                                                                                                                      Hauptmann der Polizei                                                                                                                                                                      SA-Sturmmann                                                                                                                                                                                    23rd Schütze

+1 

The app is pretty good, hes a nice guy and he has a pretty high IC position

But in the part about prop spamming I'm not sure what you ment by " I would warn him and most likely request he is bad "

I think you ment request for his ban, but in that case would you just wait for a high enough staff to come on and permanently ban him or would you ban him and put in the notes to extend to perma.

But other than that a good app.

Good application, decent amount of play time on the server, cool dude.

Tiny spelling mistakes are somewhat common but those can be fixed easily.

In my opinion he did the best in the situations and or the terms of important things in the server (passive rp, semi serious RP vs serious RP, OOC/IC and Metagaming, etc.)

BIG +1

Accepted

Welcome to the WW2 Staff Team. Come on TS at 7PM UK Time to be assigned a mentor.

giphy.gif

afe66a9a156a6a82579ff3d7b376dc69.png

Spoiler

Current Ranks:

Community Reserve Hierarchy

WW2 Manager

WW2 Gauleiter

Former Ranks:

Community Co-Founder

WW2 Owner

MRP Head-Admin

SCP Senior-Admin