Weene

Weene's staff application - WW2RP

RP Character name/s: Heinrich Weene, Heinwich Wilkur, Heinrich Hausmann (all of the common ones I usually go by)

Steam Name: Nixor

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:161100586

Age when applying: 16

What country do you currently reside in? What is your time-zone?: Finland UTC +3 | EEST

Can you speak and type English fluently?: I can type and almost speak fluently, I still need to work on pronunciations.

Current total game-time on the server (type utime_enable 1 in the console if you can't see your game time): 13w 6d

IC Rank(s) & OOC Donation Rank(s) on WW2-RP: 
IC ranks: GD Feldwebel, NSDAP Bereitschaftsleiter
OOC donation ranks: Platinum VIP, PAC 3 and 3D stream radio.

Do you own a working microphone? When you communicate do you type or speak?: I own a working microphone and use it to communicate most of the time, but sometimes I prefer to type in chat to avoid confusion.

When did you join the server? Have you taken any breaks since?: I joined the server around 2 years ago, I took a 2-3 month break after my resignation from staff back in 2019.

How often do you use our Teamspeak 3 server and our forums?: I need to increase my Teamspeak activity, I don't post on the forums as much as I used to, but I browse them almost every day. 

List of all previous RP server staff experience: W-G WW2 RP X2

Staff that would recommend you?(They will be asked to verify): Michael Reitter - (Senior moderator and event planner) - STEAM_0:1:225206994

State your previous OOC punishments (bans, kicks etc.) Also include a screenshot of your list of warns. (Go in game and type !warns. Upload it to http://imgur.com/ or as a steam community screenshot and include the link. Your game time must be visible as well in the screenshot. Type utime_enable 1 if you can not see it on your screen: https://imgur.com/a/F9rnM7d
I thought I will address some of my latest warnings such as RDM from April came when I RDM'd an Admin, I understand that it was wrong. I then made a forum thread to get myself banned, but got a NITRP tier 1 for unprofessional behavior and not taking the situation seriously enough.

State the role of staff on the server: To guide new players into the RP setting and to make the sure people are role-playing. If somebody is to break the rules a staff member is to punish said player and tell them that what they did was wrong. Without a staff member on an RP server the server would most likely fall into anarchy. Event planners are also a part of the staff team, and they host events in order to keep the players interested on the server.

Give some historical context about the time the server is set in (75 words+): The server's set in 1943 Berlin. During this time, Germany was starting to lose the war in the East, Africa, and in the air. Berlin started to be more heavily bombed by the RAF as they held the will and the technology to bomb cities in Germany because they sought that by bombing civilian targets, they would destroy the morale of the German population. By these bombings in Berlin, a lot of people were left homeless. 

In 1943 in February, Goebbels would hold a speech declaring "Total War" in German economy making sure, that everything goes towards the war effort, as Germany now had realized the war is not going their way.

Within Berlin even after the bombing's life was still quite normal, people could resume their lives and didn't have to live in fear most of the time because the streets were quite safe. There were some resistance groups which mainly produced propaganda, but never rose in arms against the government, not in Berlin at least.

Have you read the server rules and are familiar with them?: I have read the rules multiple times

Have you read the punishment list ( https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gc29oZFMSsGgcWFoOkNZejj7eqUBQPGXYCGbB8vNePM/edit?usp=sharing ) and are familiar with it?: Just re-read and there aren't too many changes in there, so I'd say I am familiar with them.

Former Staff Questions (Leave these blank if you have not been staff on our server before):

1) For how long were you a staff member on WW2-NRP/ORP?: First time I was around 1-2 months, second time around 1 month.

2) What rank did you reach before leaving the staff team?: Senior Moderator

3) Were you demoted or did you resign? Why?: First time I resigned, second time I was demoted. I was demoted out of the staff team, because of being unprofessional on the main Discord server towards a user called "Hans Westmar".

4) In hindsight, what would you have done differently as a staff member?: Acted more professionally on the Discord and be more mature.

5) How have you improved since you left the staff team?: I'd say I've matured since I got demoted out of the staff team, and also I have researched more on the topic of WW2. 

Explain how you would handle these scenarios as a staff member:

1) You are told by a player in admin chat that another player is randomly killing people: 
I would claim the sit and teleport to the player to see if there's another player killing people. I would look around and see if the situation is still going on if it is and I see a player is RDM'ng people I would grab the player with my physics gun, drag them to the roof and freeze the person to talk about what the player was just doing. I'd tell them to explain the reasoning in killing people randomly, I would meanwhile check the logs and look at the number of people damaged/killed in the logs by the person. I would take into account was it the person being provoked or was it the person who provoked the action. After that, I would give them a warning/ban if there isn't a good enough of an explanation for it, if they did I would ask some of the players that were killed, to explain what was the situation, and possibly ask for evidence. I would take the player's playtime into account in the sit, as new players tend to break the rules without them knowing. If the evidence says that the player didn't do it randomly, I would dismiss the sit and return the player to RP.

However, if I were to claim the sit and there was no player, I would teleport the guy who made the sit to a roof and ask them what was going on and does the player possibly know the name of the person who was randomly killing people. If he does I would teleport the person who was killing people and looking at the logs, I would hear both people's stories and examine evidence if any is given and give a judgment on the situation there. Depending on how many people were killed, and how new the player is to the server, I'd base my punishment on that.

2) You are asked by a player about how to become a Third Reich official: 
I'd tell the player that he can join the reserve army, the police, or the party by pressing F4 and clicking on one of the options in the "Third Reich" tab. I'd explain to the player what are the differences between these factions, and what different duties they have. I would tell the player that by joining the SS, they could become a part of the Gestapo if they have VIP and reaches the rank of NCO+, and pass the interview. I would also tell that in the army that the player could join the GD as they have access to tanks and a lot of ceremonial stuff. I'd explain that with plat VIP he'd have access to the 1.SS as well. 

3) You catch somebody not performing RP and that are messing around:
Depending on where the person is not performing role play, I would teleport or use my physics gun to drag the player away from the situation to explain what they just did isn't allowed in the server rules. As I've explained what they did was wrong I'd see if they have previous warnings about fail RP, or NITRP. If he has, I'd give him Tier 2 fail RP warning and ban him from the server. If the player doesn't have any previous warnings but is more experienced on the server, I'd give the player a Tier 1 and return the player to the ground, telling them not to do it again. 

I would spectate them for a while, and if the person does it again, I would give them a Tier 2 for fail RP/ NITRP Tier 1 depending on the severity of the actions. 

4) Somebody acquires a rank but is not willing to RP with it properly: 
Depending on the rank I would teleport them away, and tell them they should start role-playing properly, or they could face a ban and a demotion. If the person is just a low enlisted man of the army, I wouldn't bother informing the CO's of what happened. However, if the player is a higher ranking NCO/CO and breaks RP rules, I would tell the CO of the regiment of what happened and possibly even warn/ban the NCO as they should know how to perform RP properly.

Let's say an Unterwachtmeister commits fail RP on purpose, I would demote them from their job, and ban them for a day for the action. But if a higher ranking NCO did it on purpose, I would ban them for it, and inform the CO's about it.

5) A player is prop spamming: Permanently ban them from the server as prop spamming harms the server and can cause it to crash. 

Answer the following questions in detail:

1) Explain the difference between Tier I rule-breaking and punishments and Tier II rule-breaking and punishments:
Tier 1 rule-breaking is the following, unintentional, misunderstanding, an accident, or a new player, and a first-time rule break of this situation. Tier 1 punishments are more lenient and don't punish the player too badly and usually end in a kick / a small ban.

Tier 2 rule-breaking is the following, breaking the rules on purpose, constant rule-breaking has been verbally warned or been warned with a Tier 1 for it before, doesn't have any rule knowledge on how to RP whatsoever. Tier 2 punishments vary from 1 day bans to a permanent ban as they are the most serious offense committed.

2) Explain the difference between IC and OOC. Also define Meta Gaming: 

IC: In-character stands for anything that happens in a role-playing sense. Such as talking to someone in-character is role-play and everything you do or say to them can be used against you. 
OOC: Out of character are actions that don't affect the RP in any way. Such as staff sits, during OOC situations you don't have to role-play as your character.
Metagaming: Metagaming is the action of using knowledge from OOC influences, such as the OOC chat to take advantage of in-character. For example someone says they have a mafia base in the church, and suddenly the OrPo raids the church, based on the knowledge alone that they saw it in OOC chat.

4) Define PassiveRP and explain it's role and importance in a serious RP gamemode:
Passive RP are actions that don't involve combat, whether it is opening a shop, doing /me actions, or talking it is considered passive role-play. Without passive RP on a serious RP game mode, there wouldn't be any real interactions with players. 

5) Define the term of Combat Baiting: 
Combat baiting is the action of luring players to combat without any logical RP sense. Just, for example, insulting a Reich official and running away just to counter around the corner. 

Have you added the Manager [Extreme] on Steam? If not, add him: Pending

Have you added the Vice-Manager [Jack/Malte] on Steam? If not, add him: Pending

Have you added the 
Staff Manager [Schumacher] on Steam? If not, add him: Pending

Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other applicants. Explain what you will bring to the staff team & your strongest points as a person/potential staff member (200+ words): I don't believe I deserve staff more than the other applicants, as that sounds very selfish, and being selfish isn't a good trait to have. However, I believe I should be staff, as I am very active on the server, and know-how to role-play properly. I am also a very known person within the community, and I know how the community works. As for what I would bring for the staff team, surely some professionalism, as I know the ULX commands work, and I am very familiar with the rules and the setting of the server. I also tend to be on the server in situations where a lot of rule-breaking goes under the radar, and staff sometimes tend to not respond to these situations. I also have a lot of dedication towards the server, and I am always seeking to improve it with new ideas, and by being a staff member and having the ability to enforce role-play, I'd say I would do great in this regard. During staff situations, I would aim to be as neutral as possible and stay calm to make the best out of the situation and make sure no-one feels unjustified towards on the sit. 

Do you understand that you can be demoted at anytime with a sufficient reason by a Hierarchy member?: Yes

Requirements:

- You must be 15 years in age or older. 🙂
- You must be able to speak and type English fluently and correctly. 🙂
- You must have at least four (4) days of game time. 🙂
- You must have 10 or fewer warns. 😞 
- You must not be banned when you apply. 🙂  
- You must be able to speak or type quickly and correctly. 🙂
- You must not advertise your application in any way. 🙂 
- You must not copy anything from other applications. 🙂 
- You may not edit your application without permission from a Hierarchy member. 🙂 
- You may not copy-paste parts from a previous application that you have filed unless given permission. 🙂 
- Only reply to your application if you need to specify something. Unnecessarily spamming/bumping your application will get it denied. Do not engage in grovelling under your application (posting thank you for reading my application every time someone posts etc.) 🙂 

Current ranks:

Comedian 

Gamer

Misogynistic 

Racist

Previous ranks:

Rapist

Rape victim

Neutral

As you said, you actually got demoted because of being unprofessional on the main discord.

From my experience, you are not very nice or professional on the discord.

(Also from my other experiences, you are still toxic to many people with no reason at all, even people just asking questions)

That being said, you have been staff before, being demoted is of course a downside, but you seem to know what you are doing, which is why I'm neutral here.

Edited by Franz Kriegeld
Added more stuff

-1 / Neutral even with the small amount of contact i have had with him through discord i am not impressed... He seems a bit toxic and like said above he mentions being demoted previously over being unprofessional... He made a decent app. but not sure on his character..

Current Ranks:                                                                                                                                                                                      Orpo Unterwachtmeister                                                                                                                                                      Hauptamt Konigsplatz Arbeitsleiter

Old Ranks:                                                                                                                                                                                             Inspektor d. W-SS d. Ab. III                                                                                                                                                            Inspektor d. Orpo d. Ab. III                                                                                                                                                      Hauptmann der Polizei                                                                                                                                                                      SA-Sturmmann                                                                                                                                                                                    23rd Schütze

Neutral +1

As much as I believe you would do a great job as a Staff Member, as you have been staff 2 times before, I don't think the overall reputation you have is going to help you in your application as I find it one of the main 3 factors of a accepted staff application. But because of your past experience and rule knowledge, I will give this application somewhere between a Neutral and +1. Good luck

Neutral

I think Weene definitely has the knowledge to become a staff member and is someone who can contribute to the community but his behaviour in the past makes me lean towards the "Neutral" opinion rather than +1. 

Pros

• Ex staff member
  • In depth knowledge of community
  • Able to contribute to community and actively does so (e.g. making suggestions to improve rp)
  • Well written application

Cons

• Behaviour OOC - Can be unprofessional & "toxic" (eventhough imho this has improved over the last couple weeks)
  • Minging In-Game - You have a way of bending the rules to your own benefit, often you are pushing it too far with it becoming mingy and you do not seem to want to agree in game when you are pulled into a sit about it. (I am worried you are going to be too lenient towards other players & friends)

WW2-NRP Staff Manager
SS- und Polizeiführer (SS-Gruppenführer )

Adj. d. Stv. Gauleiters v. Gau 'Groß-Berlin' (Bereichsleiter)

Former:
WW2-NRP Super Administrator & Discord Staff Manager
Leiter der RSHA Abteilung 'Berlin' (SS-Obersturmbannführer)
Sturmbannführer des Sicherheitsdienst des Reichsführers-SS
Major der Feldgendarmerie und Sicherheits- und Justizleiter
Sicherheitsdirektor der NSDAP (Hauptabschnittleiter)
Oberbereitschaftsleiter der NSDAP-Streifendienst
Unterscharführer des Rasse- und Siedlungshauptamt der SS

2.SS Panzer Division 'Das Reich' Unterscharführer
Unteroffizier der Wachbataillon Großdeutschland (the original)

19 minutes ago, Herman Stellman said:

Neutral

Cons

• Minging In-Game - You have a way of bending the rules to your own benefit, often you are pushing it too far with it becoming mingy and you do not seem to want to agree in game when you are pulled into a sit about it. (I am worried you are going to be too lenient towards other players & friends)

Wait what? When was the last name I "Minged" or broke the rules by loopholes by bending them? I actively enforce RP, and stay in my character, usually when people don't stay in-character, I remind there is /looc commands that can be used. If this is about having a Croatian name, I tried to question why am I forced to have a strictly German name, and this rule has been altered to my knowledge, that your name can be something else than just German, but about serious rule-breaks, I don't remember any from the past couple of weeks. So yeah, if there are some rule-breaks I've done, and I've been pulled to a sit about it, and I disagreed, please let me know.

Edited by Weene
Typos

Current ranks:

Comedian 

Gamer

Misogynistic 

Racist

Previous ranks:

Rapist

Rape victim