Josef Kraz

Josef Kraz Staff Application

RP Character name/s: Josef Kraz

Steam Name: AnneFranksAttic

Steam ID STEAM_0:0:149253215

Age when applying: 19

What country do you currently reside in? What is your time-zone?: Northern Ireland BST/GMT

Can you speak and type English fluently?: Yes I can speak English fluently

Current total game-time on the server (type utime_enable 1 in the console if you can't see your game time): 3w 2d 19h

IC Rank(s) & OOC Donation Rank(s) on WW2-RP: Untersturmfuhrer  Platinum VIP, Pac3 and 3D stream radio

Do you own a working microphone? When you communicate do you type or speak?: Yes I have a working microphone I use it the majority of my time while playing on the server. I also type to avoid confusion from my accent and the speed I speak.

When did you join the server? Have you taken any breaks since?:  I joined the server at around the of 2019 around October time, I haven't taken any long term breaks from the server

How often do you use our Teamspeak 3 server and our forums?:  I use Teamspeak 3 every time I play on the server, using it to communicate with the community on the server 

List of all previous RP server staff experience: None

Staff that would recommend you?(They will be asked to verify): Alfred Landa, Michael Reitter, Jaydn Von Turkman and Harald Siegfried

State your previous OOC punishments (bans, kicks etc.) Also include a screenshot of your list of warns. (Go in game and type !warns. Upload it to http://imgur.com/ or as a steam community screenshot and include the link. Your game time must be visible as well in the screenshot. Type utime_enable 1 if you can not see it on your screen -  https://imgur.com/2iOF0Sm   - Due to fault on my side, it didn't allow me to Screenshot, so I asked Alfred Landa to Screenshot it for me  , I unterstand the amount of warns currently there, but from my time on the server I am enjoying and want to expand into the staff team 

State the role of staff on the server: The role of staff on the server is to make sure people are obeying by the rules, but are also having fun staff is also there to make that rule breakers are dealt with. They are also there as part of a event planner team to make sure that everyone has a chance to try different types of RP scenarios.

Give some historical context about the time the server is set in (75 words+): The server is based in the year of 1943 Berlin, the axis are starting to  lose the war in the east such as Stalingrad due to a bad winter and a shortage in food and medical supplies this caused the last of them to surrender in January 1943 that is currently happening in 1943, they are also losing the war in the air against the RAF which are bombing Berlin, In North Africa the allies have defeated the Italians and Germans  . Also Mussolini's the fascist leader of Italy his government has crumbled

Have you read the server rules and are familiar with them? Yes I have read the rules I make sure to check them a lot to make sure any new rules have been added or any rules have been removed 

Have you read the punishment list ( https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gc29oZFMSsGgcWFoOkNZejj7eqUBQPGXYCGbB8vNePM/edit?usp=sharing ) and are familiar with it?  Yes I have seen the punishment list before and I am familiar with it. 

Former Staff Questions (Leave these blank if you have not been staff on our server before):

1) For how long were you a staff member on WW2-NRP/ORP?

2) What rank did you reach before leaving the staff team?

3) Were you demoted or did you resign? Why?

4) In hindsight, what would you have done differently as a staff member?

5) How have you improved since you left the staff team?

Explain how you would handle these scenarios as a staff member:

1) You are told by a player in admin chat that another player is randomly killing people: I would accept the sit and TP to the player after looking at situation I would TP the player  to me who called the sit I will ask for his side of the story. After hearing his story I would check the logs on the console, after checking the logs I would TP the rule breaking to me and I would explain to him why he is in a sit and tell him what rules he was breaking. I would then give them a Tier 2 punishment resulting him in a 1 day ban.

2) You are asked by a player about how to become a Third Reich official: I would explain to him the F4 menu on how he can become a Party Cadet, Police Cadet, Army Cadet I would explain to them the different roles they have in the server after explaining that I would then explain them that they can donate to VIP and PlatVIP to gain access to other roles on the server.

3) You catch somebody not performing RP and that are messing around: I would TP them to me  and explain to them that they are breaking the rule of NITRP  i would give them a verbal warning if they continue I would then give them a kick off the server and a warn.

4) Somebody acquires a rank but is not willing to RP with it properly: I would start recording and send a video to their CO's or a person in a postion of power. I would then ask them what are they doing if they are NITRP I would give them a verbal warning and if they continued I would kick them off the server

5) A player is prop spamming:  I would TP the player to me , explain what they were doing and I would Permanent Ban them as prop spamming is a permanent ban offence.

Answer the following questions in detail:

1) Explain the difference between Tier I rule-breaking and punishments and Tier II rule-breaking and punishments: The difference between a Tier 1 and a Tier 2 , A tier 1 is a misunderstanding of a rule, Unintentional Error, New player or an accident this is what classifies the Tier 1. Tier 1 Ranges from a Kick to a warn to a 5 day ban. Tier 2, a tier 2 warning is a intentional rule break, constant rule breaking, they were already punished or told to stop or no rule knowledge whatsoever , Tier 2 warns ranges from 1 day ban to 5 day ban, 3 week ban and permaban.

2) Explain the difference between IC and OOC. Also define Meta Gaming: IC is In character this is when  you have left spawn and you are roleplaying as your chosen role. OOC is out of character this is when you are at spawn , chess club or when you are in an admin sit or when you are using ooc / looc chat. Meta gaming is  using OOC information to your advantage IC for example if someone tells you in OOC that there is a resistance outside and you go and arrest for being resistance but you do not know that IC. Other example if a government building is about be raided and someone adverts raid and it gets void but you still arrest the person for being part of the voided raid that is metagaming

3) Explain the difference between Serious RP and Semi-Serious RP:  Serious RP is when the server  is professional and in character uses a lot of passive role play. Semi serious roleplay is were the in character is semi professional and doesn't use a lot of passive role

4) Define PassiveRP and explain it's role and importance in a serious RP gamemode: PassiveRP is one of the main factors in serious roleplay it improves the immersion and the roleplay of a players experience. For example a High ranking officer doesn't enter the vehicle until the door is opened and closed for him, then when they reach the location they have the door open and closed for them again.

5) Define the term of Combat Baiting: Combat baiting is when someone baits you into combat such as sexy dancing, spawning in USSR flags purposely breaking laws in front of the Reich such as vandalising or disrespecting

Have you added the Manager [Extreme] on Steam? If not, add him: Pending 

Have you added the Vice-Manager [Jack/Malte] on Steam? If not, add him: Pending 

Have you added the Staff Manager [Schumacher] on Steam? If not, add him: Profile is private 

Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other applicants. Explain what you will bring to the staff team & your strongest points as a person/potential staff member (200+ words): I believe i  deserve staff more than other applicants, due to my dedication to the server such as reaching the rank of CO and being on almost everyday on the server  also my experience in different roles such as 23rd, ORPO and NSDAP and passive role playing as resistance. Speaking with the staff community I have learned from them on how to deal with certain situations and what roles the staff have. Due to my timezone and my playtime on the server from 10 AM to  about 5 PM + . I also approve of positive criticism and I always listen to this positive criticism and always improve my abilities and I am always opened ear to  hearing peoples opinion and choices .  I  also control my temper and behaviour on the server and don't get angry at the smallest thing I like to keep a cool head and assess the situation before going head first, also allowing people from both sides to  speak their story before punishments are handed out. This is why I think I should be picked for staff more than the other applicants and I would like to thank you for taking your time and reading.

Do you understand that you can be demoted at anytime with a sufficient reason by a Hierarchy member?: Yes  

Current Ranks 
                     Leader of the Anti-Jannie Ali Discord Qosar Network

Head Inquisitor des Church of Strength & Anti-LARP

Since I haven't had any or too little interactions with you to judge your character, I am gonna judge your abilities to perform as a staff member based on the application.

1. Your explanation on the role of the staff is very confusing and littered with grammatical errors, the message you are trying to portray in the message doesn't come out very clearly. The only thing understood clearly about it, is the message that staff members punished players.

2. Your historical context is very lacking, and provides very basic detail of the period, which also has a few discrepancies. It's also filled with grammatical errors and the text seems rushed.

3. Your first answer to the scenario about a player randomly killing people is partially correct. The answer could have gone more in-depth about the situation as sits about RDM usually don't just in tier two punishments and giving them a one day ban. The answer is filled with grammatical errors and would have needed more detail.

4. Your answer to the 3rd scenario about a person, not role-playing properly has the same problem as the first one. However, the answer this time is more incorrect than the first one because telling someone they are breaking the rule of "NITRP" sounds like a slander rather than explaining what they did wrong. Giving them a verbal warning could work at times and after that you would kick them? After a verbal warning is issued, and if he does it again you give them a tier 2 for it, not a kick.

5. Your answer to the scenario of someone acquiring a rank and is not role-playing properly is quite similar to the answer above. You accuse them of NITRP, you then kick them off the server, this time you would just contact their CO's.

6. Your answer to the scenario about a player prop spamming could have been fixed so easily. The only thing you need to do is permanently ban them, don't talk to them just permanently ban them.

7. Your explanation of the difference between serious role-play and semi-serious role-play is very poorly answered. You can't explain what is serious role-play in one sentence properly, and you aren't an exception to this. You didn't go into detail about what are the differences between the two. 

Overall, the application seems like it has been rushed, and a lot of detail has been put into it. I see that you have been recommended by quite a few staff members, I am sure they have their reasons but unsure if they will reply to this thread giving out their reasons on why do they wish you to become a staff member. Overall, judging from your staff application as it is rushed and is filled with grammatical errors and incorrect answers, I am giving you a -1 on this application.

Edited by Weene
Typos

Current ranks:

Comedian 

Gamer

Misogynistic 

Racist

Previous ranks:

Rapist

Rape victim

I have had a few interactions with you while on my IC-job Josef and you are a very nice person, however being staff has another set of parameters that have to be taken into account as well.

The amount of warns that you have are a primary issue for your eligibility as a staff member. Moving on to your answers,  your reply to the first question “State the role of staff on the server” leaves much to be desired. All staff members must enforce the rules but they’re also responsible for making sure that players are fully informed about how they can RP so that they wouldn’t break the rules in the future (helping new players by explaining the rules to them, showing them how to find the relevant sections, etc.). We must make sure that Roleplay happens smoothly, and this involves a lot of patient and polite conversations with players (especially new ones). Your historical section is a bit short. You could have explained the internal and external situation of Germany with regards to the various segments of German society. You could have elaborated on the role that the NSDAP, Wehrmacht and the SS played when it came to decision making.

For Scenario (1), you didn’t describe what you would do if the person who RDMed is a completely new player, or has never been warned before for RDM. In that case a Tier II punishment would not be warranted. Would you also be checking for any graphical evidence as well? I feel like you could have done a better job for this section. Scenario (3) has similar problems when it comes to your answer for Scenario (1). If they have no intention to role play, then the punishment will be a warn + a ban depending on how many times they have been warned before. NITRP warns are only given for very clear circumstances, when a player is not showing any intention to role playing at all. You could have spent a bit more time on the scenarios.

For your explanation for Serious RP and Semi-Serious RP, I think that you have misunderstood the question. One of the main things to keep in mind about Serious RP is that you will be staying “in-character” a lot more often while you are making decisions, taking actions, speech, etc. You are doing things that will make RP-sense in relation to your “in-character” position versus your “out-of-character” (actual) situation. For example, you would act and behave as a Rottmeister who would have been serving in the Ordnungspolizei force in 1943 (the same speech pattern, behavior, mannerism, ideas, you use /me a lot more often, etc.). I would say similar things about your explanation for PassiveRP. When participating in PassiveRP, you are again immersing yourself into the day-to-day situations of a German Citizen during that period (you hold the door for people, you ask nicely for the time, etc.). All in all, there are multiple mistakes with the application, both with the content of your answers and the overall presentation of the application. I think that you could have done a better job. For this reasons, I will give you a -1.

Now im not a guy who can give a detailed response, But all i can say is He is a very good Roleplayer, Well self disciplined, has not broken any rules since joining the 1.SS, and due to his current rank he carries many responsibilities which in turn could be a great addition for him to be Staff so +1United-Kingdom-Turkey-Flags.thumb.jpg.32cfcd05d5e661e0bdb9b639d77a8868.jpg

Edited by Jaydn von Turkman

Neutral/-1

Just a couple things I noticed;

• You said you joined the server in October 2019 and have taken no breaks, but you only have three weeks of playtime which leads me to believe you either haven't been very active or you have taken some breaks. 
  • Something significant for staff is "relations", I have never seen you on TeamSpeak, which is most likely because you haven't gone outside the 1.SS channels. Make sure to interact with other regiments/agencies/companies as well!
  • In scenario #1, you went for a Tier 2 right away, but you should be checking if the person has been warned previously for the same reason.
  • In scenario #3, you say "they are breaking the rule of NITRP", which is not a rule (minor mistake). The scenario does state you caught them not performing RP so you should check if they are established players (playtime/ranks) and again check if they have previously been warned if they are experienced players they should be issued warnings (not only verbal ones).
  • You are missing the requirements section which states "You must have ten or fewer warns.". I do not see any line in your application that says you have permission to apply even though you do not meet that requirement.

The application feels a little bit rushed in my opinion.

Edited by Herman Stellman

WW2-NRP Staff Manager
SS- und Polizeiführer (SS-Gruppenführer )

Adj. d. Stv. Gauleiters v. Gau 'Groß-Berlin' (Bereichsleiter)

Former:
WW2-NRP Super Administrator & Discord Staff Manager
Leiter der RSHA Abteilung 'Berlin' (SS-Obersturmbannführer)
Sturmbannführer des Sicherheitsdienst des Reichsführers-SS
Major der Feldgendarmerie und Sicherheits- und Justizleiter
Sicherheitsdirektor der NSDAP (Hauptabschnittleiter)
Oberbereitschaftsleiter der NSDAP-Streifendienst
Unterscharführer des Rasse- und Siedlungshauptamt der SS

2.SS Panzer Division 'Das Reich' Unterscharführer
Unteroffizier der Wachbataillon Großdeutschland (the original)

• Answers to the questions are either bad or mediocre, some of the questions are clearly rushed.
  • Isn't known outside of the SS, which is bad because the Staff Member must be somewhat recognizable and known.
  • 16 warns for 3 weeks of playtime doesn't mean that he would do bad as staff, but really doesn't help either. Need to put it here.

My advice for the next application if this doesn't get accepted would be to interact with the other branches more both IC/OOC, and also to change your staff application in a way which can be seen as one that has some sort of effort spent into it.

Edited by Victor von Bismarck

I have to preface this by saying that a lot of the comments made on this application are completely unfounded and demonstrate an obvious lack of understanding of how the server works and has worked for the better part of the last 5 years. I normally wouldn't go out of my way to mention this if the people making the comments were not Staff Members themselves and if they were not expected to know better.

15 hours ago, Paul Schönberger said:

For example, you would act and behave as a Rottmeister who would have been serving in the Ordnungspolizei force in 1943 (the same speech pattern, behavior, mannerism, ideas, you use /me a lot more often, etc.). I would say similar things about your explanation for PassiveRP. When participating in PassiveRP, you are again immersing yourself into the day-to-day situations of a German Citizen during that period (you hold the door for people, you ask nicely for the time, etc.)

A completely idealistic and unrealistic perception of how the server works and is supposed to work. This server has never reached the point of seriousness which you currently attribute to it. We aren't playing on Nutscript or Clockwork. While the server is serious in some circumstances, that is purely a byproduct of the setting, which is Nazi Germany. If the "SeriousRP" rules were to be interpreted in the same way you interpret them, all of the OrPo would be demoted for not using /me before every action they take, people would have to roll in order to decide whether they enter combat or not, and everything would take significantly more time to do. 

14 hours ago, Herman Stellman said:

Something significant for staff is "relations", I have never seen you on TeamSpeak, which is most likely because you haven't gone outside the 1.SS channels. Make sure to interact with other regiments/agencies/companies as well!

Being known in the community IS NOT a requirement to become a staff member. If it was, there would be a section in the application template asking for people to vouch that they know you. The only reason some people think that it is a valid criticism is because their only contributions to the server are being friends with other players and having fun. Being a Staff Member is about enforcing the rules. Whether people know you or not is completely inconsequential to how you would perform your job as a staff member. Being known widely in the community is a RESULT of being a Staff Member.

14 hours ago, Herman Stellman said:

You said you joined the server in October 2019 and have taken no breaks, but you only have three weeks of playtime which leads me to believe you either haven't been very active or you have taken some breaks. 

I don't really understand this. The only reference to game time anywhere in the application template is in the beginning. Nowhere in the Application Template is it stated that you may not take break or you need to be on the server 24/7. There are people in this community who have received Staff ranks with much less playtime and who have been much less committed to the server. It is a nitpick in every sense of the word.

On 5/26/2020 at 2:27 PM, Weene said:

2. Your historical context is very lacking, and provides very basic detail of the period, which also has a few discrepancies.

It is as accurate as it needs to be for someone currently holding the position of a Junior Commanding Officer and applying for the position of a Trial Moderator. Again, there are people currently in the Wehrmacht that wouldn't be able to correctly explain the state of Germany in 1943 to you to save their lives, and they hold significant staff ranks. What's more, they often seek to lecture others on history, despite the fact that they have no critical knowledge to speak of outside Wikipedia. In reality, the amount of people in this community that really know the historical context of all the branches can be counted on one hand.

For future reference, everyone should ensure that the comments they leave on applications, which are publicly accessible and serve as examples for others seeking to apply for staff, should correspond to the reality of the server. Inaccurate or categorically invalid comments that influence whether an application is accepted or net set a bad precedent for future applicants.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, as far as substantive disagreements as to the quality of your answers are concerned, I have to say that most of the criticism is valid. You could have avoided almost all of the mistakes simply by having the punishment list (which is linked in the template) open on another tab and referring to it whenever you needed to. 

Your warnings are an issue, however as I understand, and since I have been present in some occasional conversations regarding your warnings, they were given a long time ago, and many people would not have an issue with you applying for staff assuming you made a good application. As such, I don't see an issue with them.

For future reference, and seeing as how this application is unlikely to be accepted, try to read through your text multiple times to ensure you correct the most obvious grammatical errors. I am aware you have an issue with spelling, which is why it would be best to check multiple times before submitting. It's not like you have a time limit or anything.

When you are allowed to re-apply take all the comments from this application and apply them to make constructive improvements.

Best of luck on your application.

Edited by Erich Krüger

Neutral

I have nothing else to say about the staff application. I can only say that I do not know you personally, and doubt that you are ready with the only 3w on the server.

Spoiler

Neutral/-1

Your answer to the first staff scenario is confusing to me. You're immediately giving the player a 'Tier 2' warning and a 1-day ban. Instead, you should have asked for his point of view and side of the situation as well, and while doing that, check his warns (always do this). If he thought he had the right to kill him, and it's up for debate, then a 'Tier 1' warning should be issued as he didn't do it out of the blue. If the person, however, does already have previous warns for the same thing, then a 'Tier 2' warning will most likely be issued as he should know what he did wrong. You should have also made your answer a little bit longer, as all sorts of things can happen during a staff sit. The person in question can leave during the staff sit (LTAP), they can ARDM/RDM during the sit, etc.

Moving on to the third staff scenario. If the player is blatantly minging and trolling, constantly breaking server rules for example, and receiving a bunch of 'Tier 1' warnings. You should really start to question if he has any, Intention to Roleplay on the server whatsoever. If they have broken a set rule or rules, and you warned him for it, and verbally warned him (e.g. a new player) for minging and trolling, and you catch them doing the same thing once more at a later time.

You wouldn't want to kick him, as the kick will do nothing to stop him from minging and trolling (most of the time), instead, if you verbally warned him previously and he decides to continue this behavior, you would issue a NITRP 'Tier 1' or NITRP 'Tier 2' warning to said player, depending on the severity of the case of course. Conclusion: Never be too mild to rule-breakers, because if you let their rule breaks slip by once or twice and let them go unpunished, they will think that you're scared of issuing warnings and punishing players, which is bad as that will lead to continuous breaking  of the server rules.

Lastly, your lack of punctuation marks and grammar mistakes/errors. It seems that you have rushed the application a little bit Kraz, just take all of this as advice for the next time you will apply for staff (if this gets denied). Also, one thing as well, if you are unsure of your warns, and you want to make sure it's all right with you applying for a position as staff with those warns, contact SMT and sort something out in advance.

Good luck.

Edited by Alfred Landa

Pros:

-N/A

Cons:

-You appear to me to not have an adequate grasp of our server rules, this being illustrated both by your high warn count and the seemingly lacklustre responses to some of the given scenarios. E.g. Scenario 3 in which you reference 'NITRP' as if it is some sort of rule to enforce. This is not the case as it is a punishment.

-As has been stated your application as a whole appears to be rather rushed; as is clearly denoted by the low word counts on many responses (often only just reaching acceptable word counts). The lack of detail also appears to show a lack of effort put into this hastily assembled application.

-As some of my colleagues have stated it is preferred for staff members to be established members of the community at large, the fact that your relations appear to not extend past even your own part of the SS is a drawback for you as a prospective staff member.

Advice from me:

-I would encourage you to go out and to try and forge some relations with other members of the community (this can be done through activity on TS and discord, as well as in-game). So as to have an established reputation and to give other staff more insight into your character, this will help for future applications.

-I would also conduct some more research into how we operate as a staff team and have a more detailed study of our server rules and punishment list so as to improve your performance and knowledge on the 'scenarios' section.

-I would advise you to spend more time on your application and try to go into more detail on your responses. 

-Maybe read through some staff applications to get an idea of what successful elements they had.

Best of luck,

Dach.

Previous Ranks (of note)

WW2 Staff Manager, WW2 Event Manager, WW2 Lead Mentor

Stellvertretender Gauleiter von Gau 'Groß-Berlin', 95. Feldgendarmerie Oberst, Heeresverwaltung Major

1.SS Obersturmführer, SS-Obersturmbannführer (Insp. d. RSHA d. Abs. III & Adj. d. SS-Oberabschnitt 'Spree'), Polizeipräsident (SS-Standartenführer) 

Denied

Thank you for your application but we do not think you should be staff at this time.

giphy.gif

afe66a9a156a6a82579ff3d7b376dc69.png

Spoiler

Current Ranks:

Community Reserve Hierarchy

WW2 Manager

WW2 Gauleiter

Former Ranks:

Community Co-Founder

WW2 Owner

MRP Head-Admin

SCP Senior-Admin