Weene

Historical unit name changes

Type of suggestion (job/vehicle/etc): Name changes for certain divisions

How important is your suggestion on a scale from 1 to 10: 1

Your suggestion: Changing the name of the 1.SS to "SS-Wach-Bataillon 1".

Reasons for this suggestion: The reason for this is the historical accuracy. I am fully aware that the server isn't fully historically accurate when it comes to most aspects, but by gradually changing the names, it would at least give the immersion that the divisions named there actually exist as they did exist in real-life. Also the current 1.SS we have is the 1.SS "Panzer division" which it wasn't even until October 1943. 

Any relevant links: All of the sources I used and researched.
https://www.axishistory.com/books/122-germany-waffen-ss/germany-waffen-ss-minor-units/1404-ss-wach-bataillon-1
http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/inhaltsverzeichnisKasernen.htm

Additional Information: As the change isn't that important I decided to put the suggestion scale only to 1, as there are probably some current changes that would be needed before making this change, I just thought this would be an interesting change.

Edited by Weene
Changed the suggestion due to a misunderstanding

Current ranks:

Comedian 

Gamer

Misogynistic 

Racist

Previous ranks:

Rapist

Rape victim

I researched this with you, and while I do agree it is a bit more historically accurate, the Panzergrenadier-Regiment 9, or the former Infantry Regiment 9, was not stationed in Berlin in 1943.

So, I would say keep it as it is, since the Kompanie "Viktor" is made up, hence still being in the 23. Infantry Division is plausible, so changing the name to a regiment that was not in Berlin at the time + the fact that the 23. currently has no visible "Regiment" attatched, it is simply a Kompanie, would make me really disagree.

Let me just make this clear; The 23. Infanterie Division, Panzergrenadier Kompanie "Viktor" is NOT a regiment, so attaching it to a regiment is not impossible, simply quite unecessary.

To me, the name change of 23. is a big -1

Regarding the 1.SS one, you were the one focusing on that, so I have no opinion on that.

From what I'm getting myself, and after talking to a german friend, this
"Im Juni 1942 verlegte die Division nach Charleroi in Belgien. Dort wurde sie aufgelöst, und fast alle Verbände kamen zur neu aufgestellten 26. Panzer-Division."
Is roughly translated to them being moved to Charleroi in 1942 and becoming part of the 26. Panzer-Division.

If we're in 1943, something seems off if we had them...
May be wrong, who knows.

World War 2
Leutnant und Kompanieführer der Panzer-Abteilung "Großdeustchland" Kompani 'Caesar'
Mitarbeiter des GD-Bataillons 'Berlin'
Former IC Ranks:
23. Hauptmann (nowadays called Bruno)

Could be that I missed something in translation, that there was a 9th infantry regiment in Berlin, anyways I'll retract that statement, and changed the suggestion to only have 1.SS renamed. 

Current ranks:

Comedian 

Gamer

Misogynistic 

Racist

Previous ranks:

Rapist

Rape victim

2 hours ago, Jaydn von Turkman said:

Now i dont know what month we are set in but if we have recived Panzer III's then that must be a sign that we are a PANZER Division so im going to deny this suggestion on my part but i thank you for it.

A moderator denying my suggestion now, aha.

Anyways you are also a ceremonial unit, so basically aren't you a "Wachbataillion" as well. It's the same with GD, name is historically accurate, duties aren't.

Edited by Weene

Current ranks:

Comedian 

Gamer

Misogynistic 

Racist

Previous ranks:

Rapist

Rape victim

+1

Won't impact game play and makes it more historically accurate so I do not see any reason against this.

WW2-NRP Staff Manager
SS- und Polizeiführer (SS-Gruppenführer )

Adj. d. Stv. Gauleiters v. Gau 'Groß-Berlin' (Bereichsleiter)

Former:
WW2-NRP Super Administrator & Discord Staff Manager
Leiter der RSHA Abteilung 'Berlin' (SS-Obersturmbannführer)
Sturmbannführer des Sicherheitsdienst des Reichsführers-SS
Major der Feldgendarmerie und Sicherheits- und Justizleiter
Sicherheitsdirektor der NSDAP (Hauptabschnittleiter)
Oberbereitschaftsleiter der NSDAP-Streifendienst
Unterscharführer des Rasse- und Siedlungshauptamt der SS

2.SS Panzer Division 'Das Reich' Unterscharführer
Unteroffizier der Wachbataillon Großdeutschland (the original)

Accepted

Changes to the name of the 1.SS, and changes to the whole of the SS may be occurring soon. 

Current Ranks Within Werwolf Gaming

Staff Ranks

Community Co-Founder

In Character Ranks

[WW2] Reichsleiter u. Chef der Parteikanzlei

Misc. Ranks

[WW2], [CWRP][IRP][SCP], [HL-RP] Security Staff, Diamond VIP on All Rust Servers

Spoiler

Past Ranks Within Werwolf Gaming

Staff Ranks

Community

Community Management [Community Manager - Co-Founder [06/05/2021 - 14/08/2021, 14/08/2021 - ]

WW2

SMT [Staff Manager - Server Manager] [21/12/2019 - 27/12/2020, 27/12/2020 - 11/04/2021, 11/04/2021 - 06/05/2021]

Event Manager [07/09/2019 - 21/12/2019]

SMT [Head Mod - Administrator] [May - July 2019]

Event Manager [February - May 2019]

Member of WG Staff Team [05/09/2018 - 

In Character Ranks

WW2

Gauleiter von Gau Groß Berlin,

Höherer SS- und Polizeiführer [SS-Obergruppenführer],

SS-Oberführer und Oberst der Berliner Polizei, --> SS-Oberführer des Reichssicherheitshauptamt, --> SS-Oberführer und Verwaltungsinpektor,

SS-Obersturmführer des Verwaltungsamt,

SS-Obersturmführer des Sicherheitsdienst,

NSDAP Hauptdienstleiter,

Gauleiter von Gau Groß Berlin,

SS-Gruppenführer des Oberabschnitt 'Spree' und Generalleutnant der Polizei,

SS-Oberführer des Reichssicherheitshauptamt,

SS-Sturmbannfüuhrer des Sicherheitsdienst & [Temporary 7.SS Unter/Ober/Hauptsturmführer during time in SD],

Stellvertretender Direktor der Propaganda,

SS-Hauptscharführer [1.SS],

SS-Oberscharführer [7.SS].

SWRP

CG Colonel

Spoiler

Past Ranks & Accomplishments Within Werwolf Gaming

Creator of the TeamSpeak 3 Server [Permissions, Roles, Channels] x3,

Overseer of TeamSpeak 3 Medal Applications & Forum Rank Requests, 

The Guy that Bothers You About TeamSpeak Tags & Channels,

Spreadsheet Guy.