anschib

/Event command

What your suggestion is: The addition of a command called /event which event planners and staff members can type in chat and submit text after which. Similar to /advert in function- the /event command would work as follows, /event Admidst the standard duties of the clone garrison- a sudden thunder storm strikes from up above, impacting a near-by hill, only for a ship to emerge soon after into the atmosphere, sparks of erratic electricity pulsing off it's hull and exposed power sources (example event).

The purpose of this command would allow more atmosphere to be provided to events and immersion, also allowing event creators to provide background to their events outside of just NPCs/prop spam to show locations, it also allows a more steady introduction to events such as CIS droppods landing instead of just spawning a few props and shooting suddenly starts.

In chat- the command would appear as follows. It'd be highlighted in orange text and preferably would come up with no pre-face, such as the example here; MoJi2IY.jpg

Scriptfodder/workshop link: Unknown due to me having little knowledge in coding, I'd assume it wouldn't be too complex, though.

Any additional information: N/A

2 hours ago, Dave said:

Neutral

Does seem like a really cool addition and would be something new and different but there isn't really any problem with advert.

3 hours ago, Biily said:

Neutral

Sounds like a cool idea but we have advert already so I dont really see the point.

While you're both right in saying that overall there's nothing wrong with /advert, in my view- the command just isn't suited for events. While a great command for communications and such, when it comes to events, /advert can get extremely clunky when event planners are trying to make their events noticeable through a spam of both communications between regiments, battalion orders, etcetera. For in-character messages such as event character communications, then /advert can still be used, albeit, this command would be much more atmosphere and immersion providing, alongside allowing greater options for events outside of just /advert [RP] Something blows up.

For examples sake, let's say you have a group of Jedi exploring a cave system for some Jedi-only event or so, then the various event planners can utilise the /event command to describe what's going on, describe the atmosphere around the area, describe anything of note that the jedi may notice, describe, lets say, /event As the jedi continue their venture downward into the caverns- a sudden disturbance is felt in the local Force, followed by all motion suddenly being stopped by some form of psychic entity. The occupants find themselves frozen in place, only for a distant, ominous voice to abruptly start ringing into their head.

This command would greatly give EP's more freedom to do stuff like that, and while again you could argue /advert is suited for that, admittedly, from personal view, trying to shove events between communications and orders just seems extremely clunky and outside of place.

Also a secondary command I'd like to actually suggest now that I think further on it would be /localevent. Nearly similar in function to the OP- this command would show the event to a shortened area instead of the entire server, for example- the cave example above. /localevent would ensure that only the Jedi in the area would be able to see it, avoiding the entire servers chat being clunky, and avoiding metagame. It'd also allow for more localized event options instead of EP's being compelled to include the entire server or faction.

An easier way of doing this would be basically making a command that whenever you type in /SC (anything else after the command) in example it would make type it out as /advert [SC] (anything else after the command). It is very simple to do and does not require close to any LUA knowledge.

As Terix stated this is basic LUA I was doing something like this before I left but my dumbass couldn't be assed. 

I was making a /rp command for any rp action for people to use. 

Fully understand the use of this command and how it will be beneficial.

+1 

Current Ranks

IRP Moderator 
IRP Mapper

Past Ranks

SWRP Senior-Admin

Deathrun Admin

Battalion Major

CE EXO

501st Captain

501st ARC Colonel

Dark Council

spacer.png

2 hours ago, SomeHowCool said:

This is already a thing on the server, the EP team just doesn't use it as much.

its more like for players tho. Like the SC one how i said is quicker than adverting /advert [SC] when u only have to do /sc

To be fair I see your point and i think it could probably be a good thing if added, also if it could be done like in that image you show in the actual suggestion i think it looks good

I change my mind so +1

On 5/29/2020 at 2:00 AM, SomeHowCool said:

That's not what this guy is suggesting. 

Besides, a global chat command which any player could use without showing their name would be disastrous.

I see now. Yeah. No this is a no no

I will attempt to make this and exclude it only to eventplanner, senioreventplanner and superadmin ulx rank 

never mind already been told something like it is on the server and I cant read comments already 

Current Ranks

IRP Moderator 
IRP Mapper

Past Ranks

SWRP Senior-Admin

Deathrun Admin

Battalion Major

CE EXO

501st Captain

501st ARC Colonel

Dark Council

spacer.png

19 minutes ago, Nathan said:

I will attempt to make this and exclude it only to eventplanner, senioreventplanner and superadmin ulx rank 

Executive Admins can also host a event

Spoiler

Current Ranks:

[NRP] Kompanie "Caesar" Leutnant

[NRP] Gaustabsamt STV. Hauptamtsleiter 

[NRP] Moderator + Deputy Discord Staff Manager

[NRPWehrmacht Generalstab Hauptmann ( Chef d. Heeresverwaltung )

[IRL] Grass Toucher

Spoiler

old ranks;

who cares

cadet

e8b3034b03092bc38a6febea4d593f08ba22384dr1-476-267_hq.gif.6b361e1169b8aacdf230f6380675026e.gif