Weene

Renaming the 23rd to "Grenadier Replacement Regiment 523"

Type of suggestion (job/vehicle/etc): Renaming

How important is your suggestion on a scale from 1 to 10: 2

Your suggestion: Renaming of the "23. infanterie" to "Grenadier-Ersatz-Regiment 523".

Reasons for this suggestion: Main reason for this being is the fact, that there was a grenadier replacement regiment in Berlin. 
Historical section about it: The 523 Infantry Replacement Regiment was established on October 1, 1942 in Berlin-Spandau, Wehrkreis III. The regiment was set up as a staff for the replacement battalions of the former division 153 remaining in the military district. The staff was placed under the 463 division. In 1942 the infantry replacement battalions 67 , 68 , 178 , 203 , 230 , 309 , 323 , 386 , 397 and Feldherrnhalle were subordinate to the staff. On November 2, 1942, the staff was renamed Grenadier Replacement Regiment 523. On May 17, 1943, the regiment was divided by setting up the Grenadier Replacement Regiment 293 . Thereafter, in the summer of 1943, the Grenadier Replacement Battalions 67 , 203 , 309 and 386 belonged to the regiment. On August 1, 1944, the regiment was reclassified to the Grenadier Replacement and Training Regiment 523. The Grenadier Replacement and Training Battalions 67 , 203 and 309 were then subordinate to the staff. In January 1945 the regiment was mobilized in the Gneisenau call and moved to the C position near Poznan, Wehrkreis XXI, relocated. Here the staff was destroyed and then set up again. Even after the reorganization, the Grenadier Replacement and Training Battalions 67, 203 and 309 were subordinate to the staff. The staff itself was directly subordinate to the military district III. On March 24, 1945 the regiment with 2,800 men was transferred to Beeskow, Wehrkreis III, in the Leuthen call .

Any relevant links: http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliederungen/InfErsRgt/InfErsRgt523-R.htm - The source I used

Additional Information: Just found this cool, it would again just be a name change and wouldn't alter with any of the duties of the 23rd.

Edited by Weene

Current ranks:

Comedian 

Gamer

Misogynistic 

Racist

Previous ranks:

Rapist

Rape victim

For as long as I remember the server has had 23rd as an regiment in the city of Berlin in this server, I believe there would be a loss of branding and gravitas if it is changed, plus.... When you change names of jobs all those whitelisted lose it, do you want to be the guy giving everyone their whitelists back? I certainly wouldn't -1 for me.

28 minutes ago, JTA said:

For as long as I remember the server has had 23rd as an regiment in the city of Berlin in this server, I believe there would be a loss of branding and gravitas if it is changed, plus.... When you change names of jobs all those whitelisted lose it, do you want to be the guy giving everyone their whitelists back? I certainly wouldn't -1 for me.

How does renaming an already whitelisted job affect the whitelists?

Current ranks:

Comedian 

Gamer

Misogynistic 

Racist

Previous ranks:

Rapist

Rape victim

I remember being told from Extreme when discussing NSDAP whitelists when we changed to the new system that if you change the name as an f4, it removes their whitelists. This is what this is suggesting to do. Its why Ortsgruppen Offices are all one whitelist so we can be more flexable.

I mean, sure if it's like that I can see a reasoning why this might get denied. I still stand by it that it should be changed because of historical accuracy, not because "23rd brands the server" in some odd way

Current ranks:

Comedian 

Gamer

Misogynistic 

Racist

Previous ranks:

Rapist

Rape victim

I remember once there was a suggestion to change ORPO, and was reason it was declined was because for new players entering but had watched something or had cone back fron a long time will remember the words ORPO and know what it entails more, if there was a change that is lost. Same with this request atleast in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, YoanMeister said:

This is a bad decision.

And why?
You should give your opinion more detail.

Current Ranks
Civil Protection 04 - JURY
Former Ranks
Hauptmann und Polizeichef der Berliner Ordnungspolizei
Hauptscharführer des Inland-Sicherheitsdienst

Personally I think if you suggest a name change for one regiment so its historically we should make a name change for the rest that are inaccurate. I mean why not change the name of the Ordnungspolizei name to the Schutzpolizei des Reiches?

Ranks.PNG.b9206317692037aed76ddd1792b23ec9.PNG

2 hours ago, Jakob Himmler said:

Personally I think if you suggest a name change for one regiment so its historically we should make a name change for the rest that are inaccurate. I mean why not change the name of the Ordnungspolizei name to the Schutzpolizei des Reiches?

Because on the server from what i remember the OrPo is mix of SchuPo and VePo. And back in my day also Railway niggas. 

19 minutes ago, Jakob Himmler said:

VePo is a branch inside the Schutzepolizei

Vepo or more historically called "Verkehrsunfallbereitschaften" were  part of so called subordinate support and service units. They were available to be used by local Kommandeur of SchuPo though they werent SchuPo themselves. These units had their own commander (Under local commander of SchuPo) while working besides SchuPo.  Incase you say something like "All support and service units in city were SchuPo". I would like to remind you that part of these units were also for example NSKK, HJ-Streifendienst or SA-Wehrmannschaft which worked the same way under commander of SchuPo when needed. 

I should probably give my 2 cents on this as I run the thing.

Personally, I'm all for historical context, if it makes sense and the source can be proven as valid and actually states ( don't speak german well enough ) as to what Weene as said, I'd be down.
I'm just wondering if you could dig deeper for a company name. We're not a Regiment, I suppose we don't have enough men for a company in the first place, but regiment? No. I believe GD even has a company name and they're a regiment.
I don't speak German nor know anything about the Wehrmacht in WW2, but if this is correct, why not. We may have had 23. in a long time on the server, but hey, changes are needed to further make the server better.

TL;DR, if source is valid and name is historically accurate, I'd be down to change stuff, paperwork is fine with me.
Also, thanks to @Weene for finding such things as to better the server.

World War 2
Leutnant und Kompanieführer der Panzer-Abteilung "Großdeustchland" Kompani 'Caesar'
Mitarbeiter des GD-Bataillons 'Berlin'
Former IC Ranks:
23. Hauptmann (nowadays called Bruno)

@Mikkel

I believe that if you just click on the top right in Chrome at the Google translate button it should put the page to English, so yeah. As of now there aren't any other names I found for this.

Current ranks:

Comedian 

Gamer

Misogynistic 

Racist

Previous ranks:

Rapist

Rape victim

Also, it says they were in Spandau, but the Kasserne is in Wedding (provinces of Berlin if I'm correct).

World War 2
Leutnant und Kompanieführer der Panzer-Abteilung "Großdeustchland" Kompani 'Caesar'
Former IC Ranks:

3 hours ago, Schnee said:

Yes, that is a province of Berlin

Yes of course, but I mean our Kasserne is in Wedding, another province of Berlin, mister Schnee.

World War 2
Former IC Ranks:

Denied

We will not accept this for now due to technical issues, but in the future we may look into Wehrmacht changes and might consider this then, but for now it's denied.

Past Ranks

23rd Infantry Division Company "Viktor" Schütze, Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland Company "Caesar" Schütze, Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland Company "Caesar" Oberschütze, Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland Company "Caesar" Gefreiter, Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland Company "Caesar" Obergefreiter, Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland Company "Caesar" Stabsgefreiter, Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland Company "Caesar" Unteroffizier, Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland Company "Caesar" Unterfeldwebel, Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland Company "Caesar" Feldwebel, Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland Company "Caesar" Oberfeldwebel, Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland Company "Caesar" Leutnant, Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland Company "Caesar" Oberleutnant, Panzergrenadier Division Großdeutschland Company "Caesar" Hauptmann, 2.SS Panzer Division "Das Reich" Scharführer, 2.SS Panzer Division "Das Reich" Schütze, 2.SS Panzer Division "Das Reich" Oberschütze, 2.SS Panzer Division "Das Reich" Sturmmann, 2.SS Panzer Division "Das Reich" Rottenführer, Major, Oberstleutnant, Oberst, Generalmajor, Generalleutnant, General der Infanterie, Helfer of Ministry of Arbeit, Helfer of Ministry of Finanz, Oberhelfer of Ministry of Finanz, Helfer of Ministry of Propaganda, Oberhelfer of Ministry of Propaganda, Arbeitsleiter of Ministry of Propaganda, Oberarbeitsleiter of Ministry of Propaganda, Ministirialdirektor of Ministry of Propaganda, Stellvertretender Gauleiter des Gau Groß-Berlin, Wachtmeister des SchutzpolizieivRevier-oberwachtmeister des SchutzpolizieivSturmmann des NSKK, S.J.B.O. Member, S.J.B.O. Wachter, Scaletta Associate, Unterführer des SS-AhnenerbevTruppenführer des SS-Ahnenerbe, Unterscharführer des 4.SS Polizei Division, Unteroffizier des Logistikstruppe, Unteroffizier der Feldgendarmerie, Swedish Embassy Guard, Swiss Embassy Guard, ST Trooper, CG Trooper, CG Private, CG Private First Class, CG Lance Corporal,

TruZw21.png